Home

The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried.

This is a discussion on The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2017, 04:21 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The New Combination System and Why You Shouldn't Be Worried.

I think im worried , all im reading is combos. If the 1 shot stopping is not there until later rounds? What keeps the enemy from just walking in throwing a combo constantly if they are not scared of single well placed shots?
Old 11-26-2017, 04:36 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERCREEPY209
I think im worried , all im reading is combos. If the 1 shot stopping is not there until later rounds? What keeps the enemy from just walking in throwing a combo constantly if they are not scared of single well placed shots?
Some suggestions to get around that problem:
A) Conserve stamina
B) Work their body early and throughout
C) Deploy a variety of defensive tools:
Teep kick or side kick to push them back or against their knee
Long straight punches with high knees ready if they duck
Retreating check hook followed by a duck into a TD
Catch their kicks and sweep
Head novement into TD
Forward movement with head movement follwed up by clinch to crowd them and upset their timing
Feinting all of the above along with tonnes of lateral movement when approprate then suddenyl switching to conservative movement to again throw them off.

So if you end up in that situation, which happens IRL too, you gotta mix up whatever defensive options you can think of and slowly wear them down as they whiff their combos and eat a lot of annoying pepper shots and body shots. Use the safest tools you have.

Edit: reread your post, 1 shot power is there from the start afaik. I would think it would be less in the later rounds. The above still applies anyway.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #19
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTERCREEPY209
What made you think single shots aren't dangerous or lack stopping power?
Old 11-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #20
Banned

The part talking about cro cop level 5 HK, it said something kinda like the later the fight goes the breaking point for rocks or ko's were heightend ,,, so i kinda assumed the real stopping power to scare the enemy was not available at the beginning of the fight ,,,,,thus making everyone a " pressure " fighter .

Btw, thanks for the feedback .
Old 11-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

This breakpoint will probably go down due to the likely accumulation of damage and the possibility of a stamina differential. I don't think the sheer time causes it.

And very early KOs are totally a thing. There are even jokes on the GC chat, about how we expect the first beginners' fights to go.

As to stopping power, it now sort of means something very specific: making the opponnet completely miss or halt the attack, because you hit him eary enough during his attack. So, for your attacks... the higher the stopping power, the later you can hit the opponent in his attack and still fully stop (or disrupt) it. The roundhouse to th eleg, for instance, has a low stopping power: 20%. The straight is very high: 90%; and since it's also a fast attack, it's ideal as a form of offense that protects yourself, by stopping the enemy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #22
Rookie

I don't think there's much to worry about with the combo system. Seeing all the information laid out as it was did make it sound more daunting than it actually is.

I also don't think we need to worry about the gameplay becoming 'combos vs. combos', because of the risk/reward system, and vulnerability. As we saw in one of the gameplay videos of Forrest Griffin throwing combos at Anderson Silva, and Silva slipping the shots, he throws a counter straight or hook (can't quite remember), and knocks Forrest down.

I personally think striking is going to be awesome, and we will finally get that tense feeling that we do watching actual fights, because fights can end at any moment.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

And that double slip was more for show. You normally just need to slip one, then bang their head off.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #24
Banned

Kol, cant wait to try , my fighting style has not been viable since UD3,,,, hope this 3rd go around makes my fight style a viable one again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »