Home

AI Beta Feedback

This is a discussion on AI Beta Feedback within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI Beta Feedback

Pettis on Legendary is insane..........in a good way. Certainly a puzzle to solve on the feet, caught him/dropped him a few times but the way he mixes in his kicks with his hands makes you second guess yourself. Any one of them could be the end for you.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #50
Rookie

AI IS dope, however they can get GNP'd too much without losing, whereas they get on me and I can lose really quick. I believe their resistance to GNP should be lowered a bit because 10 elbows and punches of force especially more than one time, has a higher chance of doing them in than the game represents.

All love in my feedback, tho. Enjoying the hell out of this game. I'm too much of a fighter at heart so I count my Beta record lmao..

W - L Online
5 - 1
Old 11-27-2017, 07:12 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Pro difficulty - 5 rounds

Diaz - Diaz high volume pressure style as expected.
Alvarez - Likes to stay in the pocket.
Khabib - So annoying (in a good way). Throws big punches but end goal is to get you to the ground. Also noticed this AI prefers the north-south choke.
Furgeson - Similar to Diaz in regards to pressure but seems to favor a more diverse set of strikes. For example, Furgeson AI seems to throw body kicks a lot more than Nate. Also performs more clinching and takedowns than Nate. However, I didn't see the AI throw any elbows from him; he's known for those.
Pettis - Counter striker. After awhile starts bringing out the acrobatic kicks. He attempted 4 cartwheel kicks in one of my matches.
Barbosa - Not as many flashy kicks as Pettis but it loves the 3-hit combos that end with head kick. Also favors the MT clinch; he was the only AI to ever try the whip knee on me. One issue is Barbosa is known for leg kicks. He didn't throw that much in the fights I had with him.

General postives:
- I can definitely see the fighter uniqueness in the set that aholbert called out in the other thread. This makes me extremely happy.
- Happy that the AI back clinch logic has been fixed. The AI used to release this advantageous position in EA UFC 2.
- AI GNP mixups are very good. Very fun to defend against.

Negatives:
- Feet on hips (dominant) sometimes the AI engages that position but does nothing. In addition, upkicks are guaranteed hits on the AI. I've yet to see the AI block/dodge it once.
- Leg kicks: The AI doesn't check them much. Seems like the easiest way to win against the AI at the moment.
- Submissions: Is it just me or is escaping submissions much harder than in EA UFC 1/2? I've also ran some CPU vs CPU and noticed that once a submission is attempted, the fight is over; the AI can't escape as well. Playing as Conor against PRO Nate Diaz, I submitted him with an armbar from full guard bottom.
- Grappling: sometimes I still see the AI from side control go to side saddle and then to north south and then back to side control. No punches were thrown during that span. AI should settle down and throw some strikes. I saw this specifically with Khabib AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #52
Rookie

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but elbows seem incredibly hard to land, and the animation is a bit weird. I got one knockout with one and it looked really soft. They are also thrown so short I don't see anyway to catch someone coming in with one.

Also Nate Diaz's 1-2 1-2 might be a bit too quick. They really are lightning fast.

Those are really the only two things I've seen that have been issues to me and they are pretty minor. I'm absolutely loving the stand up as a whole. It feels so fluid.

I also just realized this is the AI feedback thread, whooops.

Last edited by smokeface; 11-27-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #53
Rookie

Everyone should go and fight Tony Ferguson. Dude walks forward with no care for getting hit and tries going for crazy stuff.
Also really enjoyed seeing the difference when fighting Pettis and the others for that matter. Had more fun with this AI than I ever did with UFC 2 AI.

Last edited by Tidge; 11-27-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #54
Rookie

Wrote this in the impressions-thread but i think its better suited here

I played as Ferguson vs Diaz against the AI on the highest difficulty.. Holy beheeejeesus, Diaz needs some serious tweaking. He came at me like cocaine tyson in his prime, throwing crazy fast combos (reminded of the speed in ufc 2 when a bantamweight parries you and unloads a warp speed barrage) and didnt fight like Diaz AT ALL. Diaz is a pressure fighter sure, but he stalks his opponent and throws well timed 1-2's with occassional uppercuts/hooks, not insanely fast 4-5 punch mortal kombat combos. He's got good movement and all, pressure and rolls with punches, but he isnt an explosive fighter att all, I would assume that everyone in here knows that.

He chased me like a rabid dog and threw completely recklessly, like the bastard child of justin gathje and leonard garcia... Then we ended up on the ground, all i had to do was wait for his transitions, block them and then submit him. The core groundgame seems like a carbon copy of UFC 2 with some added animations, and his ground skills were non existent.

Except for..:

The second fight (which started exactly the same way btw) when he armbarred me from guard when i had more stamina than him, and all the gates were completely stuck... He went abu dhabi champ all of a sudden after i had pummeled him from half guard with elbows that shook the screen so much that i almost had a seizure.

The third fight started the same way, swinging for the fences like there was no tomorrow, and then he became a panicwrestler (wtf..?) and shot in for a completely mistimed takedown. But this time I kept him in half guard and rained down punches and elbows with the rage of a thousand suns. He didnt block, transition or try to catch punches, oh no sir, he ate em all and passed out before he could ask for seconds...

The ground game is a mess
Old 11-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Diaz on Normal is moves like Diaz in real life. Real Life Nate holds his ground for the most part and only slowly moves forward to strike. The AI on Pro and Legendary is more aggressive and fires more and longer combos but that makes Nate fight somewhat unrealistically.

The Diaz issue may be solved by sliders. I cant go into detail on them yet but hopefully with some tweaks people can will get the less aggressive play style on Normal or Pro but the difficulty they need like on Legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCobra
Wrote this in the impressions-thread but i think its better suited here

I played as Ferguson vs Diaz against the AI on the highest difficulty.. Holy beheeejeesus, Diaz needs some serious tweaking. He came at me like cocaine tyson in his prime, throwing crazy fast combos (reminded of the speed in ufc 2 when a bantamweight parries you and unloads a warp speed barrage) and didnt fight like Diaz AT ALL. Diaz is a pressure fighter sure, but he stalks his opponent and throws well timed 1-2's with occassional uppercuts/hooks, not insanely fast 4-5 punch mortal kombat combos. He's got good movement and all, pressure and rolls with punches, but he isnt an explosive fighter att all, I would assume that everyone in here knows that.

He chased me like a rabid dog and threw completely recklessly, like the bastard child of justin gathje and leonard garcia... Then we ended up on the ground, all i had to do was wait for his transitions, block them and then submit him. The core groundgame seems like a carbon copy of UFC 2 with some added animations, and his ground skills were non existent.

Except for..:

The second fight (which started exactly the same way btw) when he armbarred me from guard when i had more stamina than him, and all the gates were completely stuck... He went abu dhabi champ all of a sudden after i had pummeled him from half guard with elbows that shook the screen so much that i almost had a seizure.

The third fight started the same way, swinging for the fences like there was no tomorrow, and then he became a panicwrestler (wtf..?) and shot in for a completely mistimed takedown. But this time I kept him in half guard and rained down punches and elbows with the rage of a thousand suns. He didnt block, transition or try to catch punches, oh no sir, he ate em all and passed out before he could ask for seconds...

The ground game is a mess
I do believe there is a general submission mini-game issue. Something is off here. I'm guessing there will be a slider for this though.

I've also seen the AI "inability to defend GNP" issue. I'm literally just mashing the punch button. Couldn't make it any easier for the AI to block and escape.

Finally, I think the AI finish-the-fight chase down logic should be improved. There were times that I should have been KOed but survived just by backing away. I'm not even ramped up on the standup yet. I should be easy pickins for the PRO AI.
According to GPD, there's some block break strategy. I'm not sure that the AI is utilizing that well.

Last edited by pdandy; 11-27-2017 at 08:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »