Home

Beta - stats and tiers

This is a discussion on Beta - stats and tiers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Beta - stats and tiers

Now that the has dropped, what was the big deal about stats that hadn't been mentioned?

Everyone still has stats same as before. I'm not seeing a difference to any previous game where they are all rated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Beta - stats and tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
Now that the has dropped, what was the big deal about stats that hadn't been mentioned?

Everyone still has stats same as before. I'm not seeing a difference to any previous game where they are all rated?
These arent final stats but there are clear differences. For example, Conor was a 99 striking and 92 Grappling in UFC 2. In the beta, he is a 95 striking and a 85 grapple.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
These arent final stats but there are clear differences. For example, Conor was a 99 striking and 92 Grappling in UFC 2. In the beta, he is a 95 striking and a 85 grapple.
Oh is that all? By the way Devs and GC had been talking I thought it was alluding to something different. It's not that big of a change then, just that you feel the stats will be more true to life than the superman stats given to champs previously?

For what it's worth, I think there should be a lot more differentiation between each point , like each point of stay is a lot more than it is, so there is a real noticeable difference between a 84 rated speed and a 87 rated speed for example. Especially if they are limited to each weight class with max figures, there needs to be clear definition within each class who is leading and lagging at what.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

One cool thing is grapple stamina vs striking stamina. I was gassed with Ferguson on the feet but then took my opponent down. My stmaina bar grew and then instantly shrunk once I got back on feet.

Also heart and chin are sperate ratings now.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #5
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
One cool thing is grapple stamina vs striking stamina. I was gassed with Ferguson on the feet but then took my opponent down. My stmaina bar grew and then instantly shrunk once I got back on feet.

Also heart and chin are sperate ratings now.
I noted that yesterday too but was not able to figure out how is it determined. There must be a mix for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnt149
Oh is that all? By the way Devs and GC had been talking I thought it was alluding to something different. It's not that big of a change then, just that you feel the stats will be more true to life than the superman stats given to champs previously?

For what it's worth, I think there should be a lot more differentiation between each point , like each point of stay is a lot more than it is, so there is a real noticeable difference between a 84 rated speed and a 87 rated speed for example. Especially if they are limited to each weight class with max figures, there needs to be clear definition within each class who is leading and lagging at what.

I believe that’s already the case. You can see a big difference between say Evan Dunham and Conor when it comes to footwork or takedowns.

I can’t get into all the details about the stats yet but the Range is really from 100-80 not 100-0. The reason being is that anything lower than 80 will put a fighter at a real disadvantage and won’t be representative of the skills of a ufc fighter. Also there is a clear difference between skills even when there is only a 2-3 difference in points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »