Home

Number one tip for stand up

This is a discussion on Number one tip for stand up within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Cool Number one tip for stand up

DUCK!!!!! this dodges every strike besides knees or uppercuts and both of those have difficult controls so no one can do them quickly yet. I kept getting stunned by over and over 1-2's duck and throw a hook as your coming back up. If they try to throw an uppercut, they WILL miss the first one because we are used to holding the left stick back for uppercuts so once you see them miss lean back because they are going to try it again. I've KO'd my last 10 opponents doing this because it's so easy to get a rock or knockdown they chase it too much. I can't wait for 5 round matches because by round 3 they are dead tired and i'm almost full stamina from using alot of fakes and countering
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Re: Number one tip for stand up

I started off doing a lot of side slips and counter hooks, as most people are 1-2 spamming (this WRECKS dudes). Usually they'll start throwing constant hooks if they're smart, which is when I start ducking and throwing body uppercuts. They don't seem to do much but holy crap do they pay off in later rounds.

I've started throwing a lot of hook-uppercut combos too, as everyone starts ducking once I light them up with counter hooks. Absolutely lethal if you land one.

I love the standup in this game.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I figured that one out yesterday, but i was used to EA UFC 2 ducking forward then hooking the body twice.

Unfortunately with the new controls, i am accidentally going for takedowns a lot of the time when i try to do the same thing, so now i flick the duck forward and try to hook the body, which almost nobody blocks in EA UFC 3, even less so than what they did with EA UFC 2.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Because its crazy hard to block your body if youre not an octopus.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

When I saw the thread title, I knew it! I said the same thing in my guide, too. Glad I'm not alone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
Banned

This is awesome!!! It shows the depth of the combat system. If you just block shots in real life you will get knocked out. You have to DUCK AND SLIP STRIKES IN REAL LIFE. If you decide to play unrealistically, you will pay!
Old 11-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCyndicate
This is awesome!!! It shows the depth of the combat system. If you just block shots in real life you will get knocked out. You have to DUCK AND SLIP STRIKES IN REAL LIFE. If you decide to play unrealistically, you will pay!
I have yet to see a single person play realistic. Leaping and bounding across the cage throwing hyper speed comvos is not realistic.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 11-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I have yet to see a single person play realistic. Leaping and bounding across the cage throwing hyper speed comvos is not realistic.
It sounds like you don't know how to play yet. It's understandable! This game is very complex and not for the faint of heart. I will be glad to spar with you online and show you how it's done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »