Home

The judging is still garbage

This is a discussion on The judging is still garbage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The judging is still garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
Nope Ortiz didn't try one sub. This is the third time this has happened to me or else I wouldn't even be posting here. The AI on Pro throws combos wayyyy faster than a human with input lag can. I struggle to keep up. So I resort to practicing my ground. And I **** you not, the 2 rounds I know I EASILY won, is cause the fight was on the feet for a minute max. The rest of the time was me on top, in control, advancing and rabbit punching. Sometime this week I'm gonna do an experiment. Im gonna let the cpu edge me in striking for the first min, and the other four ill spend on top in control. If I lose the dec, than we can confirm judging needs to be fixed
Okay, it's very possible that if you're never posturing up or going to side control/crucifix (which is how in interpreted what you just said, I could be wrong) that the AI is doing more damage in a minute on the feet than you are in 4 minutes on top, which would make them win the round, because the control criteria only matters if both damage and aggression are equal.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Okay, it's very possible that if you're never posturing up or going to side control/crucifix (which is how in interpreted what you just said, I could be wrong) that the AI is doing more damage in a minute on the feet than you are in 4 minutes on top, which would make them win the round, because the control criteria only matters if both damage and aggression are equal.
I took mount and back for sure, probably side control, but never crucifix. And what youre describing is very broken!!!! So I can edge the fight on the feet for the first 30-60 seconds (again, I was never dropped or rock), let my opponent take me down, and just chill on bottom making sure they never posture? That's absolutely ridiculous. There is not ONE FIGHT in the history of the UFC where a guy edged the standup for the first min, get taken down and advanced position on for the remaining four, and still won the round! That's just crazy.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
I took mount and back for sure, probably side control, but never crucifix. And what youre describing is very broken!!!! So I can edge the fight on the feet for the first 30-60 seconds (again, I was never dropped or rock), let my opponent take me down, and just chill on bottom making sure they never posture? That's absolutely ridiculous. There is not ONE FIGHT in the history of the UFC where a guy edged the standup for the first min, get taken down and advanced position on for the remaining four, and still won the round! That's just crazy.
Again, for control or position to matter at all, damage and aggression have to be exactly, 100% equal. I can't talk anymore about how the scoring in your fight was without seeing that actual fight though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 10:15 AM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Again, for control or position to matter at all, damage and aggression have to be exactly, 100% equal. I can't talk anymore about how the scoring in your fight was without seeing that actual fight though.
Yes I get what youre saying, but please tell me how that isn't broken? Please show me just one example of a real fight where a guy edged the stand up for the first min, than got taken down, advanced on (again, I took mount and the back at times), and still won the round. You are making my point for me about judging being broken with your explanation of how it works.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Yes I get what youre saying, but please tell me how that isn't broken? Please show me just one example of a real fight where a guy edged the stand up for the first min, than got taken down, advanced on (again, I took mount and the back at times), and still won the round. You are making my point for me about judging being broken with your explanation of how it works.
I'm explaining how real fights are scored, and Maia x Masvidal is an example. Maia had 3:44 of control time in the first round, but Masvidal did more damage in my opinion and therefore won the round.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
I'm explaining how real fights are scored, and Maia x Masvidal is an example. Maia had 3:44 of control time in the first round, but Masvidal did more damage in my opinion and therefore won the round.
No, you are explaining how you wish they were scored, and how the game has horribly interpreted scoring. http://mmadecisions.com/decision/803...Jorge-Masvidal Maia won that decision, rightfully so. EVERY media member scored it for Maia. But in the game, landing punches in the final 30 seconds is better than 4 mins spent on the back? That's not how this works. You cant name ONE example of this happening in real life. Your best example is a fight where all 23 media members and 2 of 3 judges agreed Maia won.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #79
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I had a GREAT decision go my way last night

30 - 27

28 - 29

28 - 29

Split Decision for Me

He knocked me down and had a couple good takedowns, but I was easily outpointing him almost 2-1 on the feet, and doing much more damage too.

I've lost a couple heartbreakers but won a couple very close decisions ---- all of them seemed 'pretty legit' to me lol at least as legit as judging can be, as we all know, most real life judges suck *** lol
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 02-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
No, you are explaining how you wish they were scored, and how the game has horribly interpreted scoring. http://mmadecisions.com/decision/803...Jorge-Masvidal Maia won that decision, rightfully so. EVERY media member scored it for Maia. But in the game, landing punches in the final 30 seconds is better than 4 mins spent on the back? That's not how this works. You cant name ONE example of this happening in real life. Your best example is a fight where all 23 media members and 2 of 3 judges agreed Maia won.
Media scores are terrible, read the criteria

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/...ng_rev0816.pdf

Impact from legal blows is the be all and end all of scoring, if you do more of that, you win the round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »