Home

The judging is still garbage

This is a discussion on The judging is still garbage within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #25
EA Sports UFC Developer

OVR: 0
Re: The judging is still garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/...ng_rev0816.pdf

There's the current real scoring criteria, and the game seemed to me to do a pretty good job of modelling them. Takedowns in and of themselves do not score, however a slam would get some weight due to the possibility of finishing, like no matter how many times you knee tap me, I'm not going to tap or go unconscious, but after a few belly-to-back suplexes, I might, if that makes sense.

Same way you don't get points for mounting someone, or taking their back or any kind of transition(except for the 3rd scoring criteria which almost never matters), the position is it's own reward in the same way that defense is. You would get points for submission attempts and landing strikes on the ground though, and you'd probably get more for a mounted elbow than a hammerfist from full guard.
Seeing such beautiful understanding warms my heart. Thank you, kind sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Seeing such beautiful understanding warms my heart. Thank you, kind sir.
Aww, I feel all warm and fuzzy now! hahaha
Old 01-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Gonna need you two to get a room.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave4585

I guess it’s realistic in a way but I think a fight with 2 knockdowns and a near submission and octagon control should be a clear winner. It was 29-28 Unanimous, not even a split decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
whats funny is i posted a thread about the judging being broken the first day of the beta. some might say is alot of things plays a factor in judging and thats fine but if you knock someone down every round and take them down every round and keep them on the ground and still lose thats called being broken. ive been playing ufc games for a while and i stoped playing since ufc 2 because of the judging being broken. they should really take a look at the judging in ufc 3 before realase and the takedowns are way to easy to get in ufc 3 the double leg takedowns should be looked at but of course they wont . im a wrestler and love taking people down but i would rather earn it
Old 01-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #29
Rookie

Last game I would outstrike people by a lot and lose the fight because I walked backwards most of the fight. Any chance that is fixed in this game?
Old 01-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #30
MVP

If 10-8 grappling rounds and incorperated into retail, then ill be quiet after I finish this little rant ::P.

As for looking at the real ruleset to dictate what will be incorporated in game, I sincerely hope that UFC 3 makes that possible, but the first two didn't, a lot of smaller things seemingly weren't scored, TD's and TD defence seemingly were scored, ground positions weren't. So that's cool, but you could spam subs that had no chance of being locked up and get a round, ect ect.

I looked at the beta scoring from a video game perspective, and looked at it as being similar to EA UFC 2, which, was a mistake on my part, if its all registered and computed as close to the real life critera, that would be great, but there isn't anything in place to make us assume that's the case.

I figured the game was still using the old rules as I couldn't get 10-8's for grappling in the beta, even against inactive opponents, as an example.

Showing real life critera to answer a question about in-game judging doesn't answer my question, basically, it'd be like me going step by step on how to sinch up a RNC when someone asked me how to do one in-game. It's not necessarily the same thing. But again, I hope this is askew, and that Nuggets post is spot on in relation to scoring, I really do.

With all this said, I hope I just looked at the judging wrong, and assumed it was going to be video gamey like past iterations, and instead its quite realistic, I sincerly hope this is the case.

As much as I gripe on these things its cause I utterly love it, and want to see it evolve and become its best like the rest of you guys, its not just to s*** on Skynets hard work or anything like that, I realize I probably can sound that way, and I apologize for that.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
If 10-8 grappling rounds and incorperated into retail, then ill be quiet after I finish this little rant ::P.

As for looking at the real ruleset to dictate what will be incorporated in game, I sincerely hope that UFC 3 makes that possible, but the first two didn't, a lot of smaller things seemingly weren't scored, TD's and TD defence seemingly were scored, ground positions weren't. So that's cool, but you could spam subs that had no chance of being locked up and get a round, ect ect.

I looked at the beta scoring from a video game perspective, and looked at it as being similar to EA UFC 2, which, was a mistake on my part, if its all registered and computed as close to the real life critera, that would be great, but there isn't anything in place to make us assume that's the case.

I figured the game was still using the old rules as I couldn't get 10-8's for grappling in the beta, even against inactive opponents, as an example.

Showing real life critera to answer a question about in-game judging doesn't answer my question, basically, it'd be like me going step by step on how to sinch up a RNC when someone asked me how to do one in-game. It's not necessarily the same thing. But again, I hope this is askew, and that Nuggets post is spot on in relation to scoring, I really do.

With all this said, I hope I just looked at the judging wrong, and assumed it was going to be video gamey like past iterations, and instead its quite realistic, I sincerly hope this is the case.

As much as I gripe on these things its cause I utterly love it, and want to see it evolve and become its best like the rest of you guys, its not just to s*** on Skynets hard work or anything like that, I realize I probably can sound that way, and I apologize for that.
I guess I'm confused about what you are looking for. I thought the judging from the beta was decent and fell in line with the new criteria. Showing you real life criteria should answer your question because the in game criteria is the same as real life.

Just like real life, I dont think 10-8 grappling rounds should be easy or even semi regular. You should damn near have to finish someone on the ground and they pretty much do nothing on the ground for that to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 12:58 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess I'm confused about what you are looking for. I thought the judging from the beta was decent and fell in line with the new criteria. Showing you real life criteria should answer your question because the in game criteria is the same as real life.

Just like real life, I dont think 10-8 grappling rounds should be easy or even semi regular. You should damn near have to finish someone on the ground and they pretty much do nothing on the ground for that to happen.
Ah, that's my bad, I apologize for that.
Basically I wanted to know how much of the real life critera was being utilised in game and to what extent.

In the beta, I was admittedly looking at it in relation to UFC 2's judging, which I felt didn't utilise all the real criteria and incorrectly scored certain aspects (like TDs and TD defence)

So when you sent me the page on impact, I admittedly looked at it like "Well. That wasnt in UFC 2 or wasn't utilised well if it was, so how does it work in-game" despite the fact the text itself essentially explains how it would work in game.

What I should be doing is instead looking at the game from a completely realistic standpoint when it comes to judging, and identifying issues that don't seem realistic, as opposed to looking at as a video game simulation, if that makes sense.

Basically, you answered my question, but I partially misinterpreted the answer I think, so again, I apologize for that.

I.. suck at articulating what I'm trying to say, wow.
I'm embarrassed to admit English is my first language hahaha.

As for 10-8 rounds, completely agree, they shouldn't be common, and you should have to utterly SCHOOL people on the mat to get them.

Which I did to the low level AI in the beta, I'd immediately take them down, land as many postures up GnP shots as I could from HG and mount, endlessly worked the body (as you can't finish someone on the ground with body GnP) and got the head down to flashing as often as possible while making sure to not finish the opponent.

They are the kind of rounds I feel should be 10-8's, they were scored 10-9 in the beta unless I got a few KDs in the standup before going to the mat, the AI's output was utterly minimal, it was on beginner.

And look, I don't want to come off asif I don't like the judging, I do, its an undeniable improvement over UFC 2, I had some matches that were razor close wars, and the game registered that and they were Maj DECs or Split DECs, it felt great.

There just were other times where I'd look at the stats screen after the fight and think "How did I possibly win/lose that round"

But again, that's partly me not realizing all the changes in the judging system.

I tell you what, as I'm literally talking myself out of some of my own points, I'm going to just shut up about the judging (excluding 10-8's) until retail drops. And I can properly wrap my head around it and gain a stable understanding of it, and then if my issues persist, ill bring them up again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »