Home

EA UFC 3 New Double Leg Cage Position

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 New Double Leg Cage Position within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #25
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 New Double Leg Cage Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
It happens for relatively late denials.
Oh ok. They kinda messed up there then. It should happen if they deny early too. Should have been something that happened for denials period imo. If the opponents back is to the cage, it just makes sense. The luxury they get for defending would be that they are still on their feet, but just against the cage. Cuz they can still try to defend the td against the cage too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #26
Rookie

The animation only occurs when the takedown is defended late in the takedown window while the player is against the cage. Love the new animation, but could not use takedowns to clinch AI against the fence in beta because the AI would either defend immediately and push me away or not defend and get taken down. That’s why the animation only occurs when you defend a takedown against the cage, not the AI.

This is definitely something that needs changing and would be an easy fix for gamedevs. Just need to change the takedown defense timing of AI when defending takedowns against the cage.

Also, using a takedown to engage in a clinch against the cage shouldn’t be decided by the defender. Sometimes, I want to pin my AI opponents against the cage and control them in the clinch instead of taking them down. This option should be dictated by the one initiating the takedown against the cage, not if/when the takedown is defended.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #27
Pro

Then just clinch against the cage if that's what you want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #28
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

Yeah but that way you cant drop to a double leg takedown, making your opponent guess as to what your next play really is. Do you want to take him down? Do you want him to burn himself up trying to transition to a more favorable position, or go for a submission and you denying and still have him against the cage. Get back in over/under and advance position to get some damage in, or go for a takedown from there.

I really liked that in Undisputed 3. You could always try to go for a single leg or double leg when you were against the cage.

When you think about it, it happens a lot in real life, dropping for a double or single leg attempt when clinched up against the game.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #29
Rookie

A player on the side that defends the take down of the position that could be confirmed with this thread could not hit a light punch or strike his opponent's temple. I'd like to reproduce such fine movements. And if the athlete pressed against the cage defends the take down, please open the leg parallel to the wire mesh and its legs back and forth. This is the basis of cage wrestling.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

With the new striking mechanics as they are, going for the clinch in this game is always as a risk. Catching jabs/straights/elbows to the face is commonplace during the clinch engagement animation.

As someone who likes to grapple (unpopular opinion) I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t change the way players engage in the clinch after they changed the striking mechanics.

Personally, I think shooting for takedowns should result in the clinch (over-under) much more often (like in real MMA fights), giving strong grapplers the ability to control fighters without having to reach out and hug them like the current clinch animation allows. This is especially true when going for takedowns against the cage.

It would be cool if when you are shooting for a takedown, there was an option to clinch up in over-under/double under instead of going to the ground. Perhaps this could happen when going for a takedown (L2 + RS) but not holding the takedown stick through the entire takedown sequence/grapple dial. Ultimately, this would make it easier to avoid strikes when going for the clinch, and would make the game more realistic overall
Old 12-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #31
MVP

Can confirm there is a single and double variation of these.

However, they seem to activate at complete random, 90% off my TDs off the cage didn't do it.

As to what you can do, depending on the fighter, you can clinch to double under, stanky leg out of it on a break, or shoot a guillotine if your fighter has one.
However, you can't throw the.BRUTAL Brown v Barnett elbows to the head to quickly KO them, sadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
With the new striking mechanics as they are, going for the clinch in this game is always as a risk. Catching jabs/straights/elbows to the face is commonplace during the clinch engagement animation.

As someone who likes to grapple (unpopular opinion) I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t change the way players engage in the clinch after they changed the striking mechanics.

Personally, I think shooting for takedowns should result in the clinch (over-under) much more often (like in real MMA fights), giving strong grapplers the ability to control fighters without having to reach out and hug them like the current clinch animation allows. This is especially true when going for takedowns against the cage.

It would be cool if when you are shooting for a takedown, there was an option to clinch up in over-under/double under instead of going to the ground. Perhaps this could happen when going for a takedown (L2 + RS) but not holding the takedown stick through the entire takedown sequence/grapple dial. Ultimately, this would make it easier to avoid strikes when going for the clinch, and would make the game more realistic overall
If you defend a takedown using L2+R2+R-Stick Up, you can turn it into dom over under, but I actually agree with you, I love grappling, I'd like to see hard combos to set up TDs 'Jab-Shoot, 3-4-level change, that kinda thing) more responsive TD inputs (sways block the inout, in the BETA TDs are almost impossible to shoot unless your standing still or running forward.

I like that varitions on the TD idea, too. I'd always though about that with 2, let's preface by saying that TDD, once you knew how to play, was WAY to easy.
Unless I want to go down, or get caught back on fence, its basically impossible for me to get taken down, same with most competent online players.

Which leads to my idea, use L2+ -> to shoot a single. But once you have the leg, you get options, say, down for single, up to clinch, left to try and pick the ankle, right to spin and pull guard.
Then, these should be the same to defend, RS-up for clinch,.RS-down for the TD attempts, but perhaps make the guard pull a bit harder to defend and count it as a TD for the opposing player.

This could give grapplers more opportunity and options to get the fight where they need it (as it stands ill be scared to play as Maia lol) or it could be a terrible idea.. I unno, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »