Home

Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode

This is a discussion on Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 07:42 AM   #1
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode

Has anybody noticed the apparent money grab that’s going to be ultimate team.
I completely hate this new system of limit moves and cards and fighters, I Purchased Star Wars BF to like the game but haven’t played it since due to its loot system..
I don’t remember anyone on these forums asking to change UT especially in this manner.... basically you get a fighter skin and have to pay for limited skills to fill them up.. sir you get enough packs but what is the price for permanent moves?
If I am wrong please correct me and clarify this? Because it looks like an apparent exploit.
EA stay honest with your consumer and change this while it’s still in production!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Ultimate team micro transactions the death of the mode

What is different from this UT to others?
Old 11-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Everything.

Previously, you could completely customise your character. Now you're limited to a "grappler" or "striker", both of which are op against each other in their respective skill.

Fighter perks and a variety of boosts are limited in use and hence require further packs to unlock more. Because these perks/boosts are RNG, you will have to continually change your fighters approach to every 5/6 games.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadchicken89
Everything.

Previously, you could completely customise your character. Now you're limited to a "grappler" or "striker", both of which are op against each other in their respective skill.

Fighter perks and a variety of boosts are limited in use and hence require further packs to unlock more. Because these perks/boosts are RNG, you will have to continually change your fighters approach to every 5/6 games.

I don't like that the perks are limited but I think it's cool that we're limited to striker, grappler etc. You can always pick the balanced option too.

In UFC2, as much as I enjoyed it, it was kind of annoying that everyone was maxed out in all aspects, including myself. Now it'll be more of a chess match. If I'm a striker vs a grappler then you can sure as hell bet I want to keep the fight standing, but if the grappler gets me to the ground then the ball is now in his court.

It'll make some interesting matchups happen for sure.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

It looks completely different in its approach , and its limited/loot boxes based that expire ... so what they will say is you not required to purchase them but to be competitive almost grantee they are needed.
Complete disappointment, was my favorite mode!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #6
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Not much, other than not having an Auction House. All others do. But that is not something I would want to see in a UFC Ultimate Team. From my understanding you keep all fighters you obtain through packs (I first thought they would expire but that does not seem to be the case, just Tony F.)

If this game gets a Auction House then eventually everyone is going to have every champ out there. It's not something I would like to see. I don't even like the champions being there in the first place.

I'd rather have seen you could get one of these fighter cards as your coach/trainer or whatever, so you could get the stat boost from the card, but not actually have to fight a UFC fighter every other match. This makes it just like Quick Match, except that you have to pay to improve your fighter. (Be it money or time).

The mode is filled with microtransactions to improve the fighters. While I think the earnings for winning matches are fair, and the daily objectives are rewarding, you still have to grind out all of these.

I think they should reward being active. Give people a bonus for logging in to the game. Many mobile games do too. If you want to have microtransactions in the game, the best approach is to also be generous with the content you are selling. I think for EA especially, it is in their best interest to do it.

They could give daily login bonuses just so people keep coming back. This gives a sense of progress and it won't take them much time at all. And it also makes it so that people will stick around for the mode. They could give anything from coins/packs/ and perhaps close it off with a free random fighter for anyone that checked in a certain amount of times, and then reset the thing at the end of the month.

Madden UT is a pretty generous mode in that every weekend it has special content based on matches that are happening. I dont know if UFC 2 UT did anything like that. I do know they had new cards based on what happened. But that essentially required you to put money or coins into the game again, just to obtain them.

They could make events based on MMA events that are happening. For example, beat use Holm to beat Cyborg. Win a free pack if you do. Or whatever.

I can see why they did that with the perks though. I think for balance, that is a good approach. Now people wont be full on perks anytime you face them again. They'll think twice before using it.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Nonetheless it is based on micro transactions $ and after the Star Wars BF2 fiasco... I’m pretty doubtful it will be an improvement to the fun factor and detrimental to our wallets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
Rookie

If we look at the beta, UT this year will be better.

I mean, I'll explain. I like that you don't need contracts or stamina boosters to play anymore, I hated that in UFC2 you needed stamina cards like...every 4-5 fights. I like that perks will go away after x number of fights now, I think it's good balance.

I also like that every 4-5 fights you get a basic pack for free. I don't know if this will be only in the beta or in the retail, but I hope they keep it. The champions, in the beta, are more like skins than otherwise, they don't seem to have any perks that your CAF would not have considering the tier of the card and the type. If you have a gold grappler Barboza and you have a gold grappler CAF the stats are the same if you put the same cards in it. So, champions are not a problem but I don't really think they add anything to the mode.

Plus, it's great that you can change your style whenever you want. If I get bored of a striker, I swap to a grappler and that's it. It seems that with the new types we would not have a perfect CAF like before and that's really good.

The problem with UT will be the same as every UT mode in almost every game and that's people with money who can buy several packs and get ahead. This year it could be even worse cause you can use every move you get, regardless of your weight division, so people who buy packs will be loaded with moves at the expense of the chemistry, which doesn't seem to have an effect at all...

This year I think everything will be more balanced than last year. It was the worst experience getting pounded by a perfect CAF who can strike, grapple and use submissions. This year, if you have a grappler and the rival has a striker it will be a interesting match.

We'll see...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »