Home

Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3.

This is a discussion on Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 05:37 AM   #57
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strikes Per Minute: Stamina in UFC 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I’m confused, do you not think a professional MMA fighter has the physical ability to throw 200 strikes in a round? Not saying every round, just one round. You can’t throw 200 a round for every round or even 2 with most fighters in UFC3.
Look at the screenshots on the last page. Yes, you can. Read the whole thread. It clearly outlines that balancing is needed. It's not even really debatable.

If a fighter irl threw 200 strikes in a round... they would get finished in the second for sure lol. If not, the first. That's not even the point though because it's literally never been done.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #58
Banned

Haz_____'s Arena

Gonna go ahead and bump this thread because there's a lot of good discussion and data here.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:05 AM   #59
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
The stamina in this game is insanely unrealistic. I'm seeing people go completely crazy in round 1, just chasing me down down non stop, throwing a never ending stream of strikes. I've seen countless fights where in the first round alone, people are throwing 170+ strikes, and starting round 2 with near full stamina still. Now i'm sure i'm gonna get a handful of people jumping down my throat for saying that, but it's true, and hear me out.

Now first off, can that type of striking be dealt with? Sure. of course. We have talked about in it many of the other threads. Duck a punch and counter. Slip and Counter. Use lunge back to create distance. Etc. But whether it can be dealt with is not the point. The point is, that it shouldn't even be possible in the first place. You shouldn't be able to throw 180 strikes, and still start round 2 just fine.

http://fightnomics.com/category/blog...striking-pace/

According to this graph, which tracks all fights in the UFC starting from the very beginning.... The average number of strikes per min IN REAL LIFE, is only around 9 strikes. 9 strikes per minute.. In EA UFC 3, it's more like 30-40 strikes per minute. That's an incredibly huge difference.

Now i'm totally OK with you being able to throw 180 strikes in a round. Go for it. But there needs to be consequences to putting that kind of work in. If you throw 180 strikes in round 1, you better be starting round 2 with a big ol' chunk out of your stamina. As it stands now, unless you're actively putting in body work ALSO, then the opponent isn't draining much stamina at all, despite the fact they are throwing an entire fights worth of strikes in 1 round. Again tho, this goes back to my original point; Whether it can be dealt with is not the point. The point is, that it shouldn't even be possible in the first place.

Here's another interesting article which showes how Diaz actually broke the world record for most strikes in a fight when he fought Conor the 2nd time.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/nate-di...mcgregor-92949

Diaz threw 435 strikes in that fight. That is the world record for strikes thrown in a fight.... Now in EA UFC 3, almost every single 5 round fight completely blows that out of the water. Shoot, almost every 3 round fight in EA UFC 3 blows that out of the water..

Conor only threw 322 strikes that fight. In 5 rounds he threw 322 strikes and was completely and totally gassed out. Why can Conor throw that many strikes in just 2 rounds in EA UFC 3, and be just fine? That is an issue. The stamina in this game is an issue.

My suggestion, is that when you throw long enough strings of combinations to drain most, or all of your short term stamina, that needs to have a bigger effect on long term stamina drain. This would reward picking your shots, but put a tax on non stop pressure, while still allowing you to go completely crazy in a round if you really wanted. Which is far more realistic.
I WAS GOING TO MAKE A POST ABOUT THIS TODAY. BRAVO I LIKE.

And I'm somebody who can tell what strikes are coming out no matter how fast they're being thrown. (80% of the time)

This would change everything if the stamina worked the way you suggested it. I had a fight today against a McGregor who threw 144 strikes, landed 44, and had the same stamina as me when I landed 26 out of 46 in Round 1 and I was Bruce Lee. Even though I got the win in the second, I can imagine how frustrating it is for people who don't have the defense down pat, and having to deal with an offensive onslaught that has little to no penalty.

If their stamina isn't dead, your block and head health will be.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 09-22-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:04 AM   #60
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I’m confused, do you not think a professional MMA fighter has the physical ability to throw 200 strikes in a round? Not saying every round, just one round. You can’t throw 200 a round for every round or even 2 with most fighters in UFC3.
Total non-sequitur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »