Home

After a few days with the demo I went back to UFC 2

This is a discussion on After a few days with the demo I went back to UFC 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: After a few days with the demo I went back to UFC 2

I think Haz summed it up pretty well. Maybe I'll give it another go before it ends, but so much about it irritated me that I didn't have much of a desire to keep playing. The saving grace to me is that these are some solid devs. I'm sure they'll take a lot of this feedback and make improvements by launch.

In the meantime, I'm still playing FNC and I have UFC Undisputed 3 on the way soon, so I'll be occupied regardless. Some Mike work from a little bit ago. Work on your defense son.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't realize how much smoother UFC 3 played til I tried to do a match on UFC 2 last night. Everyone's got their preferences but I know personally I'll never touch UFC 2 again. There's just no going back to it for me after playing this. I still see myself throwing Undisputed 3 in the 360 from time to time,even though it's ultra robotic compared to this,it's still a lot of fun.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #11
MVP

Trillz's Arena

I wasnt bad on ufc 2 but ufc 3 will be a better game overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #12
Rookie

Yea i think i might go back to UFC 2 also.
The stand up in UFC 3 feels like its trying to be Fight Night but its not. i like the stand up in UFC 2 way more then 3. You could actually mix up your own combos in 2 but now in 3 if you dont do an exact combo that exists your character will stop punching mid combo. So many people are spamming jab then body kick. Or spamming the 1-2 which is wayy too fast. Blocking is definitely over powered. Even when someone is rocked, if they're blocking they dont go down even if their head health is low. I understand its the game is still in beta but it releases in 2 months. The stand up in UFC 2 did need some changes but not this drastic. I actually liked it
Old 12-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #13
Rookie

I also think the uppercut buttons are really weird to be square and x or triangle and circle. And i dont like whats been done with kicks. I actually liked mixing them up in combos but now they're slowed down to try an counter. Idk i feel like while UFC 2 wasnt perfect, it did need this big of changes
Old 12-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjy7
Yea i think i might go back to UFC 2 also.
The stand up in UFC 3 feels like its trying to be Fight Night but its not. i like the stand up in UFC 2 way more then 3. You could actually mix up your own combos in 2 but now in 3 if you dont do an exact combo that exists your character will stop punching mid combo. So many people are spamming jab then body kick. Or spamming the 1-2 which is wayy too fast. Blocking is definitely over powered. Even when someone is rocked, if they're blocking they dont go down even if their head health is low. I understand its the game is still in beta but it releases in 2 months. The stand up in UFC 2 did need some changes but not this drastic. I actually liked it
I think those hard combos actually give the devs the chance to make better balancing changes. The jab - body kick is a problem, but with the hard combo system, the devs can make it so jab - body kick won't hard combo anymore. Instead maybe 1 - 2 - body kick to give more counter time.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:11 PM   #15
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
This is true. The movement is too floaty. You're not in control enough. I remember Witcher 3 had a similar problem but they patched the movement to make you feel in more control.

This is also partly because you're not used to the game though. The movement gets easier to control.... But it still feels like ice skating too much.

I disagree that UFC 2 is better though. The striking in this game is already way better conceptually.

The execution is lacking in some areas though. Super sonic speed combo spam. Stamina system. Straight punches having stopping power at close range. Floaty movement. Chin depletion stat has too much control over who wins fights at a high level. Too many rocks (in the right direction but it's over the top). Inability to catch kicks in a jab-roundhouse combination. Head movement could be more responsive/smooth to deal with the rapid fire punches. Also a shame that you can only duck and not just slightly slip to the left/right (this will probably have to wait until another UFC game tho).

Those are my main issues with the stand up at the moment..... With those things changed.... The game will meet expectations (maybe even exceed them). People are talking about how realistic it is but those are some things in the game that make it feel really arcadey.
You can weave you half to do a half circle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip
You can weave you half to do a half circle
Really? Wow. It seems like there are serious communication problems at EA. Why won't they document this stuff? Most people don't even know how the ground game works because EA never bothered to write a real manual. It looks like the stand up has the same issue. Heck GPD just admitted he just realized the perk system was having huge negative effects on the gameplay balance. Maybe the perks guy should talk to the gameplay guy? And the moveset guy doesn't seem to talk to anyone else in the organization. And perhaps UT is a whole different set of developers. It just seems like a mish-match of unrelated features that don't really mesh together very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »