Home

Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

This is a discussion on Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

All I remember about UFC 3 is that they tried to get rid of the punch flick, but I was actually able to do it better than 09 and 10. Once it hit the ground, I would take my left hand and and move it over to the RS, and proceed to perfectly time a super speed punch flick. It was the cheapest thing in MMA gaming since the endless elbows in 09. Well, maybe not the cheapest, the EA MMA parry heel hook might take that one.

ps: That's obviously not all I remember. I played that game competitively until EA UFC 1.

Last edited by Evil97; 12-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedee
The Undisputed 3 fanboys who havenīt actually played the game in 4 years and would be shocked how clouded their memory is if they Actually played it again are getting tiring.
It's not like it's hard to get a copy of the game to play, me and my friend play against each other all the time and I have to say the game as a whole seems to move from piece to piece more fluidly then any of these new UFC games.

The new striking in UFC 3 is great, might be some of the most fun I've had playing a UFC game for the striking but everything else just doesn't feel as 'tight' as UD3 does.

Takedowns for example in the EA UFC games always seem way too clunky and sticky, if you're not close enough for a takedown you hunch over and grab like you're trying to catch a handful of oranges you've just dropped, not to mention if you score a takedown both fighters seem really calm and collected like the fighters are rehearsing their movesets instead of fighting to get to the ground.

UD3's takedowns would make you actually shoot for the takedown, if you got a hold of a fighter you'd fight against them to pull them to the ground which looked like a proper fight for control and if you caught them in the middle of a big strike or a kick they'd slam straight to the ground as they lost their footing.

The problem with the EA UFC games at the moment is that you want to avoid the clinch and ground, not because it's dangerous, but because it kills momentum and it feels static, UD3's clinch and ground were really mobile compared to the EA games, there's no rose tinted glasses when it comes to that, you can buy the game cheap off amazon and try it for yourself.

I'm confident the EA UFC series will be something great, we've got a beautiful striking system and i'm assuming the later games will have the same overhauls like the striking system but for the clinch and ground, but don't call out people for being ignorant when you're doing the same thing but shunning off any sort of comparisons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »