Home

Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

This is a discussion on Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

I feel like the biggest issue with EA UFC is trying to re-invent the wheel. So many of the problems we have in this series were already tackled by Yukes over 6 years ago. I think that is where the biggest source of frustration comes from. Many veteran gamers feel like they are being ignored, because they are aware of these issues, point them out, then are insulted and argued with.

If a more honest effort were made to actually match, or even surpass the quality of Undisputed 3 and the features therein, there would not be so much hostility towards the developers and especially the GameChangers.

We are all here with the common goal of improving the MMA gaming experience. We do not need to be treated like "opposition."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Have the folks at EA / Alpha Testers actually played UFC Undisputed 3

Yeah, there's still a lot of things that UFC3 does better than EA UFC 3.

UFC3 just feels way more fluid going from standing to ground and in the clinch. In EA UFC, control is always being taken away while you wait for some unrealistic animation to finish playing out.

There's danger and excitement on the ground in Undisputed. Look at the mount in that compared to EA UFC 3 where you just sorta posture up and hover there and wait to strike. It's weird and robotic.

The clinch in Undisputed was great. You were pushing and pulling quickly and realistically and then forcing takedowns into the cage. In EA UFC you get into the clinch and it just feels really static and unrealistic. I know you can push and move a bit now, but it's robotic.

The TKO scenarios in Undisputed are amazing. They look weird as hell in EA UFC 3.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
Banned

The stand up and ground is waaay better in EA UFC 3 as is the damage system.

UFC Undisputed movesets were better and the clinch /TD system was way better.

Both have advantages and disadvantages. One thing to consider though is this dev team is amazing and each version of UFC was MUCH better after patches compared to the launch version.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
Rookie

No one is being treated as "opposition". It's when people come on here and start hating on the game and complaining about everything and accusing the devs of putting no real effort in or not listening to feedback that people will start to get annoyed. Constructive criticism is great, but saying stuff like "The new stand up is trash, just copy UFC UD 3" isn't helping anything. The devs are more than aware of what the community are asking for.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

One thing is for certain... UFC 3's striking has come leaps and bounds since UFC 2. By about UFC 5 we'll be looking at a very, very good game overall.

EA just need to fire the people that do the move sets though lol. It's such a simple task. So clear the people that do it don't really follow MMA or have much of a passion for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #6
Banned

It's ironic because the criticism of Undisputed was that it felt "robotic". Yet there is nothing more robotic than the ground game and clinch game of EA UFC 2 & 3.

Undisputed was almost "fluid" in its transitions between different MMA scenarios. While I wasn't a fan of the striking controls of Undisputed, you cannot deny that the distance management was incredible.

As far as distance, there was: disengaged, kicking distance, striking distance, clinch distance, and if your opponent got too close you could shove him away to make space. Space actually mattered.

You could transition fluidly into different positions, hold them, and seamlessly reverse.

The main difference was that the fighter you picked actually mattered. As I saw in a different thread, if you were Cro Cop and you were fighting Big Nog, going to the ground was not an option, just as in real life.

In EA UFC 3, it doesn't really matter who you pick. Sure Nate Diaz has lightning punches (and kicks, which makes zero sense). And Paul Felder has back elbows. But in the end it doesn't matter if you are standing, on the ground, or in the clinch, you will fight the same way every fight, no matter who you pick.

I always looked at Undisputed as more of a strategy game. You had to come up with a gameplan to actually account for your fighter's weaknesses. That is one of many aspects that EA simply can't wrap their head around.

You have to wonder how many of these things could have been implemented if there weren't so many resources dedicated to "Gambling Mode" a.k.a. Ultimate Team.

I would not be surprised if I was banned for my comments. No matter, if there is one statement I would like people to hear, it is this: Find a copy of UFC Undisputed 3, and actually open the menus, look at the stats, look at the movesets, and watch how different fights play out. When you spend enough time with it and dive deep into its different features (including a combo system that has existed since Undisputed 2009 that everyone conveniently ignores) you will see what a true difference there is between the depth of the two series.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM   #7
Banned

Just google'd and found this:

Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Pretty sure they are to busy playing Fire Pro Wrestling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »