Home

Watching UFC 218 as we speak. Nobody is throwing combos

This is a discussion on Watching UFC 218 as we speak. Nobody is throwing combos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 11:21 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Watching UFC 218 as we speak. Nobody is throwing combos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
To be fair Justin gassed due to body shots. You can do that in the game

Damage does need to affect stamina. Also knockdowns need to be waaaay rarer in game.

I think each time you get rocked you should lose a small chunk of stamina. You aren't breathing properly at that time and your body is in panic mode.
This. Completely agree, I wish body punches did more stam damage too, kicks can be pretty good if you can catch their liver while they circle out.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:21 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
A lot. But I've given him that many in CPU battles and he's taken it.
Leg kicks seem to do WAY more damage per strike online than vs the CPU, they kinda feel balanced v the CPU, but most players I fight don't understand the changes to leg kicks, and one or two as they're stepping in or as they're loading up that dang overhand and they're in big trouble, most people walk into them, too, which adds massive damage, but the CPU (except Nate and Khabib) is really hard to catch with a big damage leg kick.

I love leg kicks though, and am biased. So.. yeah.
They only do super damage if you catch somebody mid strike. Most people haven't realized that. If you're moving back or even away from the leg kick it won't do nearly as much damage. All the fast stoppages come from people trying to spam combos and getting caught with a leg kick.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
They only do super damage if you catch somebody mid strike. Most people haven't realized that. If you're moving back or even away from the leg kick it won't do nearly as much damage. All the fast stoppages come from people trying to spam combos and getting caught with a leg kick.
Not to mention what we learned from GPD saying there is a current glitch in the beta with online fights where stun meter starts full at the start of the fight so the first big leg kick is almost a guarantee health event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
OK I watched it a few more times and I have a theory, but it's going to be really hard to prove so I'm still going to have to validate it on Monday.

There's a known bug in the beta that only happens online.

You may have seen it as a leg health event on the first kick of the round with barboza.

The bug is that the stun meter starts every round full in online only.

Usually that means if you land a big shot early you get a health event you normally wouldn't.

But in this case, it's possible that enough damage was done long enough to keep the stun meter high until you got the big counter off the upper, which normally wouldn't do nearly as much, but with an already high stun meter it allowed a KO.

The only reason I'm not confident in the explanation is because we dono't show the stun meter, so I can't really tell if the pressure was enough to keep it up long enough or not.

Either way I'll check, and this bug is already fixed post beta, but only found because of the beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #36
Banned

Round 1

Pettis: Attempted one 3-strike combo

Cejudo: Zero combinations thrown
Old 12-02-2017, 11:33 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Agreeded. They do extra damage if your weaving, or walking forward too, any time your weights in the leg getting kicked kinda. I love it.

And yeah. When I'm fighting players who know what they're doing we both mix in leg kicks, but they're never what finishes the fight, just a useful tool.
And when I get spammed with leg kicks, well, who doesn't love TKOs of a check haha.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #38
Rookie

Cejudo getting boo'd for that ground cheese
Old 12-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #39
Banned

Round 2

Pettis: Zero combinations thrown

Cejudo: Maybe one or two combinations thrown
Old 12-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessKassidy
Not to mention what we learned from GPD saying there is a current glitch in the beta with online fights where stun meter starts full at the start of the fight so the first big leg kick is almost a guarantee health event.
That actually explains a lot, I had a Barboza player fake a glove touch into a 1-2 leg kick, the kick hit me as I was backing away but I got a leg stun, thought it was weird.
Anyway, I immediately shot a TD, got stuffed into sprawl which was all I needed to drag him to half, then guard, then triangle, tap tap. I wouldn't have done that but I hate fake glove touchers, glove touch is sacred broooo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »