Home

Old 12-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Overhand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I mean i dont see what the problem is... Its a powerful strike that leaves you exposed and costs his entire bar of stamina... Just because you have low stamina does not mean you cant win... He hit you like 6 times with that strike and you blocked none of them... You deserved to get KO'd.... If you refuse to block the strike for some phantom pride reason then refuse to cry about it afterwards....

pretty silly thread IMO.
But there is a problem though. I understand the overhand rocking him in that situation fine, but look at how shot his stamina is. Where are the effects? Why is he still so fast and powerful like he was in the beggining of the fight with full stamina?
Old 12-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #18
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Move my head where exactly?

All he did was walk backwards and throw and overhand 10 times in a row.
You can sidestep to your left, duck and uppercut, backstep out the way and counter with a headkick or straight depending on range.. you could also just hold block and take it then counter hard.

Fair enough you "wrote the book" on headmovement in UFC 2 but the mechanic said are waaay different on this version, so you have to change your old habits.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

If you think the stamina is gravy here, go play Tekken. You're playing the wrong game.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

While I do agree that the strike is too fast for the amount of stamina he had left, you are given the tools needed to dispose of him fairly easily, but instead got caught in his hail marys.

Throwing jabs and head kicks are not your best option vs overhands. Overhand is a perfect counter to both of those strikes. You whiffed and got caught multple times and didnt change it up.

Its also likely that it rocked you every time because you had eaten so many of them.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #21
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
You whiffed and got caught multple times and didnt change it up.

Its also likely that it rocked you every time because you had eaten so many of them.
I only whiffed because he could walk backwards so fast with no stamina.

I also destroyed him all fight up untill this last minute or so, when I started to try and pressure for a finish, so my chin should have been just fine.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I only whiffed because he could walk backwards with no stamina.

I also destroyed him all fight up untill this last minute or so, when I started to try and pressure for a finish, so my chin should have been just fine.
No, you wiffed because you didn't measure distance properly. You realize when fighters are gassed they can walk backwards right? They don't just collapse on the ground or stand completely still because they are tired..

You are coming into someone whaling overhands with 0 stamina, not using any head movement and throwing jabs. And then go on the forums to complain about it, ho leee sheit.

Like Zhunter said, understanding what beats what is a huge REALISTIC aspect to MMA. You shouldn't be trying to throw 2 strikes that are DIRECTLY countered by an overhand, to counter an overhand..

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 12-03-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
But there is a problem though. I understand the overhand rocking him in that situation fine, but look at how shot his stamina is. Where are the effects? Why is he still so fast and powerful like he was in the beggining of the fight with full stamina?
Low stamina shouldnt make you helpless. If that were the case, the snowballing would get out of hand.

If Dan Henderson is gassed, are you still going to worry about his overhand? Of course.

Also, I think he would have been put out WAY earlier if his opponent had more stamina.

Just because someone is tired doesnt mean they arent dangerous.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:53 PM   #24
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
No, you wiffed because you didn't measure distance properly.
I know how to "measure distance". That's my entire game....

I destroyed this guy the entire fight up until the last minute.

I whiffed because stamina has no effect on anything in this game. There is no way in hell he should be able to counter a jab with a power overhand. That's pure insanity.

Watch Alvarez Geatche from last night. You're telling me they were moving around the Octagon the same speed in round 3 as in round 1? get the **** out of here.

Dangerous? yes. Fast and agile, and athletic? Absolutely not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »