Home

Martial Mind's Issue With EA UFC 3 Stamina

This is a discussion on Martial Mind's Issue With EA UFC 3 Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Martial Mind's Issue With EA UFC 3 Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
100% this. Body shots should be slightly less impactful in killing your opponents stamina (otherwise everything would be body spam). You should also lose more stamina for throwing a ton of strikes. This is the most obvious way to balance it. I can get my opponent's stamina down to half by spamming body kicks by the second round in it's current state (even if he doesn't spam strikes). Once you do that, the mechanic MM is talking about in this video will not only be balanced, but bring realism to a new level as well.
So for realism sake youre on Martial Mind's side, but yet also argue if I slam body kicks with Pettis, Benny, etc for the first round it shouldnt take away most of their stamina....

Cmon.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #18
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
So for realism sake youre on Martial Mind's side, but yet also argue if I slam body kicks with Pettis, Benny, etc for the first round it shouldnt take away most of their stamina....

Cmon.
Dude, UFC 2 had striking effected by low stamina, yet people wanted more lol. There is literally NO effect on striking right now, how is that okay? We can afford to have body strikes take a lil less effect just so stamina actually effects striking like it used to. But how are you fine with people being able to throw non-stop combos all match?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
The point is Conor was gassed and still had success. So much success he won a round. If EA listens to Martial Mind and those who agree, you are basically making it IMPOSSIBLE to win without making sure your stamina is in line with your opponent's.

As i've said, you're already ****ed in UFC 3 if you mismanage your stamina. Why eliminate any hope for the opposing person? Just cause they're gassed doesn't mean you should lose your smarts which is what would happen (why wouldn't it?) if on top of the new stamina system they made the striking and movement significant slower too. I could understand movement being taxed a bit, and a lot if you have basically zero stamina, but not to FNC levels. If you have half stamina then I don't see a problem with striking/movement speed staying the same considering you have no choice but to throw less. Like I said, its already really easy to capitalize on someone mismanaging stamina.

And you need to rewatch Aldo vs Max. He was still throwing fine. Some of his best leg kicks were in the third. He didn't labor anything, he just got the worst of the exchanges he engaged in after being taunted cause Max's stamina was still full.
I just did. Everything he was doing was much slower and sloppier. His reaction time was much worse too. His general movement was slower. Strikes slower and sloppier. Less power. Everything. He wasn't moving around like a UFC 2 fighter who has no temp stamina but he was clearly slower. This isn't actually debatable.

Aldo wouldn't have got finished there if he was moving like he was in the first.

The balancing issues you can argue. Whether it's realistic or not isn't debatable.

I think the way to balance is to make stamina drain more for spamming strikes and to lesson the amount you can drain stamina by going to the body. This way people won't have such huge advantages in stamina as the fight goes on (unless they like to play in traffic and throw 200 strikes every round). As it currently is... I can make someone's stamina literally cut in half coming into round 2 by spamming body kicks (tuning this might hurt realism a tad but it's the lesser evil by far).. While mine will barely be changed despite throwing so many.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 12-04-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #20
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I'm a part of a PSN group with Little Evil where he goes beyond trash talking everyone, calling them scrubs, bitches, ******s, etc. Says everyone else is complete trash, but thinks he is amazing... Insanely immature, and ridiculous. This kid acts like a complete child, and I wouldn't take a single word he says seriously. I can post screen shots from the PSN group if you want.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I'm a part of a PSN group with Little Evil where he goes beyond trash talking everyone, calling them scrubs, bitches, ******s, etc. Says everyone else is complete trash, but thinks he is amazing... Insanely immature, and ridiculous. This kid acts like a complete child, and I wouldn't take a single word he says seriously. I can post screen shots from the PSN group if you want.
Basically everyone in there is a bunch of annoying losers who cry about the game all day and have been banned from OS. Dk how I even got into that group but sorry had to troll you all when you are all really just easily triggered crybabies and especially when drinklime was in there trolling too

Last edited by LittleEvil; 12-04-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Dude, UFC 2 had striking effected by low stamina, yet people wanted more lol. There is literally NO effect on striking right now, how is that okay? We can afford to have body strikes take a lil less effect just so stamina actually effects striking like it used to. But how are you fine with people being able to throw non-stop combos all match?
Thats cause in UFC you could spam away so that was the means to punish those people. People punish themselves enough already when they spam and mismanage stamina, its been taken care of in this intstallment.

Like I said, i'm all for slight changes, but if were talking FNC levels of slow down, we will see soooo many people quit after round 1 if they've ****ed up and the other person has more stamina cause its already pretty easy to take advantage of. These changes would make it damn near impossible. The change would have to come with some balancing adjustments cause that would be greatly affected and even for realism sake its not impossible to be gassed but have enough energy for full speed strikes. Much like the game, you just see them come much more infrequently
Old 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Thats cause in UFC you could spam away so that was the means to punish those people. People punish themselves enough already when they spam and mismanage stamina, its been taken care of in this intstallment.

Like I said, i'm all for slight changes, but if were talking FNC levels of slow down, we will see soooo many people quit after round 1 if they've ****ed up and the other person has more stamina cause its already pretty easy to take advantage of. These changes would make it damn near impossible. The change would have to come with some balancing adjustments cause that would be greatly affected and even for realism sake its not impossible to be gassed but have enough energy for full speed strikes. Much like the game, you just see them come much more infrequently
You can pick your shots now, vulnerability will still balance things out a little. But of course it would work both ways for the fatigued fight and the fresh fighter. If you're tired, you can still find that pretty shot at times. But you need to be more careful...that sim and still fun imo.

Combos should be used sparingly, same as power strikes. If you over use any of the above, you should be slowed down, it doesn't have to be like FNC, but it should at least be like UFC 2 for crying out loud lol.

Trust me, as much as I've used Marc D, I can say the stamina meter plays no role in the striking game at until it's at zero...no exaggeration.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
The point is Conor was gassed and still had success. So much success he won a round. If EA listens to Martial Mind and those who agree, you are basically making it IMPOSSIBLE to win without making sure your stamina is in line with your opponent's.

As i've said, you're already ****ed in UFC 3 if you mismanage your stamina. Why eliminate any hope for the opposing person? Just cause they're gassed doesn't mean you should lose your smarts which is what would happen (why wouldn't it?) if on top of the new stamina system they made the striking and movement significant slower too. I could understand movement being taxed a bit, and a lot if you have basically zero stamina, but not to FNC levels. If you have half stamina then I don't see a problem with striking/movement speed staying the same considering you have no choice but to throw less. Like I said, its already really easy to capitalize on someone mismanaging stamina.

And you need to rewatch Aldo vs Max. He was still throwing fine. Some of his best leg kicks were in the third. He didn't labor anything, he just got the worst of the exchanges he engaged in after being taunted cause Max's stamina was still full.
That is true McGregor still had success while gassed. Martial Mind isn't saying that if you're gassed you should become defenseless. The point is for realism and presentation wise there is no difference in what happens to your fighter when with full stamina and no stamina.

McGregor was gassed but he wasn't moving around the same way he did in the earlier rounds. Currently the game isn't showing a proper representation of being gassed.

UFC Undisputed didn't even mess that up. The posture of a fighter should not be the same as it was in the first round.
The hands getting lower, breathing out the mouth, less bouncing around being more flat footed are visual keys of tiring out. Joe Rogan even commented on the change in Aldo when he noticed he was tiring out. Joe wouldn't be able to make such comments if there were no visual signs of someone getting tired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »