Home

Duck and Uppercut bro

This is a discussion on Duck and Uppercut bro within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:26 AM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Duck and Uppercut bro

Can we stop telling everyone the solution for any and every problem they have is "Just duck, and Uppercut bro. I've KO'd 10 Diaz spammers today already". There's all sorts of reason why this isn't always going to work. From combo speed being too fast, to stamina having no effect on anything, to headmovement lacking fluidity, to movement in general lacking fluidity, to strikes interrupting your head movement, to sometimes it just not actually doing any damage...

First of all, trying to slip n counter this spam is not hard, so much as it is just incredibly annoying...I land 2 back to counter duck uppercuts on this guy and it doesn't do anything. lol

I get him in the 2nd finally.

The point is to illustrate it's not as easy as "just duck and uppercut bro" for a solution to everything.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 03:34 AM   #2
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Re: Duck and Uppercut bro

That first video though. I know exactly how it feels to be in that situation and it's incredibly annoying. You will likely get the KO eventually but not after some really awful/boring striking exchanges where you get tagged by 1-2s that are an inch away from your face. It really kills immersion and I don't really care about winning at that point because it feels so silly.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:49 AM   #3
Rookie

As someone whose favorite combination has always been 1-2 and didn't like how it was always so weak in MMA games, it's ridiculous in this game LOL. Like both of you mentioned, you will eventually KO him but the amount of success you can get by spamming 2-1-2 and 1-2-1-2 is ridiculous

1-2-1-2 is a ridiculous combination. I've never seen that utilized in MMA and before someone mentions Holloway-Aldo 1, Holloway paused after the first 1-2. There's no pause in the 1-2-1-2 in this game, it's a machine gun
Old 12-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
That first video though. I know exactly how it feels to be in that situation and it's incredibly annoying. You will likely get the KO eventually but not after some really awful/boring striking exchanges where you get tagged by 1-2s that are an inch away from your face. It really kills immersion and I don't really care about winning at that point because it feels so silly.
Yeah, I feel that. I really wish 1-2's were only effective at the range their actually effective at. Guys with long reach throwing 1-2's at elbow/clinch range looks.. silly, yet they do almost full damage, intercept strikes and can Still be chained surprisingly quick.
And at that range, most times you try to duck n uppercut, you get intercepted by a kitten jab at cancels it out. So I definitely agree that while you can counter it, its still far too effective. Especially at ranges where it shouldn't be.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:12 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a problem with the fact that you can duck and land clean uppercut counters that seem to take forever to do damage - but the minute your opponent stops spamming and throws one uppercut you're instarocked.

The risk should be similar for both sides.

Would cut down on people just mindlessly spamming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
Rookie

UpTehCooch's Arena

A 1, 2 at a very close range should not intercept my power shots. Simple as that. If we are face to face and i throw a hook, and my opponent throws a 1,2....i should be able to eat those punches for breakfast while i blast him in the face. Only a 1,2 that catches me at the end of the punch should be hurting me. Not thise small ugly looking punches.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I have a problem with the fact that you can duck and land clean uppercut counters that seem to take forever to do damage - but the minute your opponent stops spamming and throws one uppercut you're instarocked.

The risk should be similar for both sides.

Would cut down on people just mindlessly spamming.
Vulnerability, bruh... and Fighter Stats, too.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Pro

Ya I havent noticed any real lack of power when you’re literally in someones face to the point you could kiss them, but they throw a 1-2 not even extending their arm halfway and it’ll rock you. I thought fighting on the inside vs a long fighter wa suppose to have benefits

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »