Home

Reversals/submission counters on takedowns.

This is a discussion on Reversals/submission counters on takedowns. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

OVR: 0
Reversals/submission counters on takedowns.

I've been trying to get a submission reversal for the last half hour or so in practice mode and I still have not succeeded once. The in-game tutorial is at best mediocre and the only reason i know its possible is because its hidden in the controls menu. (That and the fact it was in ufc2)

What it says in the controls:

Reversals/submission counters: right stick to the right/right stick down + L1

Yet when the cpu goes for takedown I only see the inputs appear in my grapple hud if I have the L2 held down but it still wont work. Whats the deal?

Any advice from members who are actually able to pull it off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

Re: Reversals/submission counters on takedowns.

Make sure u guy has the guillotine. I don’t think they all have it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
Make sure u guy has the guillotine. I don’t think they all have it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Pretty sure you can do it with a kimura, unless they removed it which Id be surprised. Been trying with khabib forever.

And whats the exact input you need to do to get them? I see double under with Khabib and thats it. I can somehow do it but with Dustin who also has it i just cant. He also has judo throws reversals but cant do them. Never seen the input for subs appear though.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:43 PM   #4
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Welp, finally was able to do it. Ended up using pettis and taking Dustin as the cpu since he goes for double legs more often.

I guess it still depends on which takedown is being attempted. Oh and the input is really L2+ R2 with the right stick. Have no idea why it says L1 in the controls.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

In Ea Ufc2, you can do guillotine reversal against a single leg attempt and kimura reversal against a double leg takedown by L2+RS down.
I dont know if this work against powerful takedowns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Welp, finally was able to do it. Ended up using pettis and taking Dustin as the cpu since he goes for double legs more often.

I guess it still depends on which takedown is being attempted. Oh and the input is really L2+ R2 with the right stick. Have no idea why it says L1 in the controls.
I use two controllers and practice mode for stuff like that. It works pretty well.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I use two controllers and practice mode for stuff like that. It works pretty well.
Yeah I should try that. But anyways, seems like I was wrong and its actually the stance in which you are that depends on if al the inputs appear. **** is just confusing lol. Seriously needs better more indepth tutorials in the game.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:07 AM   #8
MVP

From memory, you can do guillotine reversal to a single leg takedown, a Kimura for double leg, you can reverse a standup to overunder attempt from sprawl with a guillotine if you have it from sprawl (I caught about 5 people with that) you could reverse a certain teasition from postured up half guard into a kneebar with Tony and Royce in 2, but can't remeber the exact input, the rest I believe are the same inputs as in two.

There might be one more I'm forgetting, I wanna know how to do this triangle from stacked Rogan keeps mentioning when someone hits stack guard, that's a new line.. so I kinda hope its a new sub.

I like the slightly simplified animations on triangles and RNC's, especially the latter, they look a lot more like a RNC being worked for as opposed to swapping between various variations of a RNC/Neck crank, which is kinda what they looked like in 2.

I wish the slam escapes however, did more damage and were less just cosmetic, that triangle slam is damnwell vicious, as is the armbar lift, drop punch. Love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »