Home

Please tell me a lot of these facescan models will be updated for the final release

This is a discussion on Please tell me a lot of these facescan models will be updated for the final release within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Please tell me a lot of these facescan models will be updated for the final relea

Do you even have to facescan people in person? If something like Gameface works (insert your 'It doesn't work' jokes) then why can't they just apply similar technology to fighter's current appearances?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 AM   #10
Rookie

Onzahh_'s Arena

Re: Please tell me a lot of these facescan models will be updated for the final relea

The Eddie Alvarez's player model is new , and looks so much better than the one in UFC 2. Dustin's is the same one though. BTW the head movement is great in UFC 3 if you aren't trash at the game.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:30 AM   #11
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onzahh_
The Eddie Alvarez's player model is new , and looks so much better than the one in UFC 2. Dustin's is the same one though. BTW the head movement is great in UFC 3 if you aren't trash at the game.
It was more difficult to effectively counter off of slips in UFC 2 than it is in ufc 3 beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 03:24 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onzahh_
This, Eddie looks wayy better, Dustin was a letdown a bit.
And I second head movement, 2's was awful, pulling back was OP as hell and the rest were somewhat ineffective aside from the odd slip here and there, 3's is miles better, I've managed to win fights without even blocking (annnnd lose fights from doing this cocky business)

Tonys New model looks odd to me, the top half of his head looks 10x better but the lower half looks a bit off, he has giant fishlips in game. But that's a Minor one.

I want a new Cro Cop body model if we get him again, his stick legs were jarring as HELL in 2, even post Golden Snitch that dude had tree trunks for legs.
Saggy Vitor is another one, we've had TRT-or for way too long hah.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
EA should just hire someone to travel around and scan fighters faces.
Travel around?
You think the equipment fits in a bag or something? lol.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:55 AM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedee
Travel around?
You think the equipment fits in a bag or something? lol.
I don't see why it couldn't.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:04 AM   #15
MVP

Please tuned TJ's head size. too big now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't see why it couldn't.
This is what the used to scan fighters in UFC 1.

You can travel with that but its not exactly backpack size.

The other issue is this isnt a team sport. With the NBA, you can travel to 32 team headquarters and get a head scan for every player on that team in each trip. The players are guaranteed to be there because of practice.

In the UFC, there are 500 plus fighters. Many who are in foreign countries. Even the ones who who are in the US, arent a guarantee to participate. Say EA decided to go to Jackson's and scan. You could get Condit, Sanchez, Jones, Holm and Cerrone in one stop, right?

Well who the hell knows if they are going to be there? Even if they are there, they may not want to do it. Traveling to each gym, would be a really expensive way capture all of those faces. They should just do what they've done in the past and set up a face capture studio at each UFC summit when alot of the fighters are there.

Last edited by aholbert32; 12-06-2017 at 10:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »