Home

Final Ragdoll Thread...is it coming..

This is a discussion on Final Ragdoll Thread...is it coming.. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #49
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Final Ragdoll Thread...is it coming..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It's happened at least 500 times to me. Anything over 20 is countless.

See previous comment.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:13 AM   #50
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
See previous comment.
If you thinks I'm exaggerating I'm guessing you haven't been around here much, so your not aware of the ridiculous amount of time I have played the game.

I've had somersault happen multiple times in the same fight. Normally near the cage. You can't do anything until they stop moving.

If there has to be ragdoll physics I say make them be based in reality and not look like superman knocked you out. Have the body completely lock up sometimes but still fly if you want it to. (Pre-usada Hendricks for example). Also bring back post fight celebration/ taunts.

Also I would have them not always throw you back, but make it so you fall like a sack of potatoes sometimes.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:24 AM   #51
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Final Ragdoll Thread...is it coming..

You’ve no idea how long I’ve played the game.

Also, I’ve been using OS for almost a decade. I exclusively lurked until 2012 when I finally made a profile, but I’ve been around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 AM   #52
Rookie

500 times..
Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
If you thinks I'm exaggerating I'm guessing you haven't been around here much, so your not aware of the ridiculous amount of time I have played the game.

I've had somersault happen multiple times in the same fight. Normally near the cage. You can't do anything until they stop moving.

If there has to be ragdoll physics I say make them be based in reality and not look like superman knocked you out. Have the body completely lock up sometimes but still fly if you want it to. (Pre-usada Hendricks for example). Also bring back post fight celebration/ taunts.

Also I would have them not always throw you back, but make it so you fall like a sack of potatoes sometimes.
The main time id see a ragdoll that would literally let your opponent heal was usually Thai knees off the cage or an elbow, that was really bad for it, or spin kicks to a moving opponent, or Mike Tysons damned hands.

I'd love to see weighted ragdoll too, but I definitely think improving 2's ragdoll adding weight, trying to reduce flips, and try and fix the cage interaction on em, ect, as opposed to stale and odd looking canned ones again.

I played maybe 500 online UFC 2 fights and.. countless offline fights, countless, too many.
But yeah, personally its not an issue the odd crazy ragdoll for usually brutal ones.

Plus with them coming to UFC 3, I personally just want em on KO's, not KD's, which I think everyone does. I think good ragdoll looks infinitely better than any canned preset physics animations.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:36 AM   #54
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo627
500 times..
That isn't that much when you got thousands of matches.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:46 AM   #55
Rookie

I wish they could have natural motions euphoria canimations should be a thing of the past that's why Madden feels so bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 06:28 AM   #56
Banned

Canned animations for KDs is fine cuz they honestly look great. But PLEASE bring back ragdoll for knockouts!!!

That was something that added so much replay value to the game.

I dont understand the Devs on this one. They get rid of ragdolls because it’s not realistic(despite it being fun and workinf 90% of the time) but dont want to add realistic stamina/head movement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »