Home

Cannot put AI opponents in takedown against the cage position

This is a discussion on Cannot put AI opponents in takedown against the cage position within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cannot put AI opponents in takedown against the cage position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempman1000
This. ^^^^^^^ this is something that is needed badly. Ea needs to shoe this off being that they didnt do much ith the clinch. Its a beautiful animation that needs to happen by default. And we need movement in the clinch. Guys with a higher clinch raiting should be able to move guys toward the cage. We need this badly Very badly for the grapplers

I’m hoping to see a significant takedown/clinch overhaul in the next game (UFC4). I’m a big fan of the ground game, but using a similar mechanic for the clinches and takedowns seems clunky.

I’ve listed below changes to the takedown/clinch mechanics that I would love to see in the future. Most are based on suggestions posted by people on this and other threads.

1. Incorporate the cage more into the grappling game; primarily with regard to takedowns. The takedown to cage position was a great start. Animations like this should be more common. Seated against the cage position is also important here.

2. Engaging in the clinch should be much more fluid and takedown to clinch animations should occur much more often. The current mechanic of trying to “hug” your opponent while they go rock-em sock-em on your face is no fun. More takedown to clinch animations would help players avoid this, and there should be an option for players shooting for a takedown to clinch up (right now, this is only a defensive option for good wrestlers). Players should also get tied up in the clinch more naturally during striking exchanges.

3. Allow players to move in the clinch, and make clinch movement a competitive engagement that costs stamina and relies heavily on strength and grappling skill. This coupled with a more takedown to clinch animations would allow grapplers to shoot for a takedown, end up in the clinch and push their opponent up against the cage quickly and control them. This happens so often in real life UFC fights and is not able to be properly carried out in the current game.

4. Add depth to takedowns. I.e. when shooting for a single, if the single is defended late in the window, have the players end up in a position where one player is holding the other’s leg. From here, the offender can trip, ankle pick, complete the takedown, push against the cage, etc. The defender can defend and push away, reverse the takedown, throw strikes/elbows, etc. Put the same level of depth into takedowns as was put into the ground game in UFC 2.

5. Add running takedowns.

6. More detailed tutorials for grappling in general. I.e. It took me months to figure out how to defend takedowns by clinching in UFC 2.

That’s all I can think of right now. If anyone else has ideas to improve the takedown/clinch mechanics, please do add to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cannot put AI opponents in takedown against the cage position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
These "it would be an easy change" posts always entertain me...how is it that know it's so simple? haha

In any case, this has in fact been changed post-beta for other reasons, and the AI does indeed have a chance of denying takedowns late. So, while it won't happen every time, you will see the AI being pushed up against the cage in the final game.

Will there be a video showing this fix prior to final game release?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »