Home

Single parries as animations ONLY

This is a discussion on Single parries as animations ONLY within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Single parries as animations ONLY

I'm really glad that parries are gone, but... I'm kinda missing the animations for them. Would there be a way if they could come back but only as animations? It would add variety in the stand up game. Basically a well timed block could give you either a parry or block, depending on the strike. NO MAGIC WINDOWS THOUGH. Pure animation. Single jabs and straights, and kicks as well. Idk if anyone has brought this idea up, but was watching UFC Fight Night and thought it would be cool if single parries could be added as pure animations rather than a mechanic for the most obvious reasons we had in the past UFC games. Just an idea that imo would make the stand up look even better than it already looks! What do you guys think? They already have the animations from the past games so don't know if it would be hard to implement as animations only in the full game or through patches. Again this is only an idea, thanks guys.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 12-09-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Single parries as animations ONLY

They could add them, sure. The animations are there.
However it would totally stuff up the vulnerabilitys on jabs and straights, as a blocked jab can be immediately followed by a straight.
A parried jab can not as you'd be off balance from the deflection if that makes sense.

They were in the game, only on 1-2's in an early build, then were removed entirely

It's a cool idea, but I don't think it'd work in practice (not without causing a lot of work And rebalancing anyway)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
Pro

Yeah I get what you mean, it'd just be cool to see those animations in the game again as like a rare well timed block from a single strike, might require more work definitely, but the outcome (if done correctly) would make the stand up look more beautiful to watch imo.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:47 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
Yeah I get what you mean, it'd just be cool to see those animations in the game again as like a rare well timed block from a single strike, might require more work definitely, but the outcome (if done correctly) would make the stand up look more beautiful to watch imo.
I'd provably rather see them just being back parties on solely jabs and straights I think, if they were a reward for perfect block timing that'd make them even easier to get than they were in 2, or risks it, as it'd be single button press.
It would look nice, but I can live without them after having to overuse them in 2.

I actually have been thinking lately how well a CTE could benefit EA UFC, akin to BF1's community test environment, somewhere we can test changes before they happen and whatnot so they when they drop as a patch for the main game, its balanced straight out the gate and hopefully doesn't introduce more bugs.

I should make a thread about that maybe..
Old 12-10-2017, 01:07 AM   #5
Pro

Or maybe have parry animations as a gameplay slider option for online and offline? That way we can tune it to our liking, able to turn them off, how frequent they happen, etc. Yeah I wouldn't mind them as a mechanic if done right only. Yeah man make a thread, it'd be great if we could have that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

What if parries were only there to break up combos that start off the jab, and could only be thrown under very specific circumstances?
Old 12-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
Pro

Like what specific circumstances?
Old 12-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Icon13 Re: Single parries as animations ONLY

Please no Parry stop with animations

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »