Home

Has anyone ever been knocked out from side control?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever been knocked out from side control? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:45 PM   #9
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone ever been knocked out from side control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
IF you spam the transitions or transition fakes, the guy on top can't strike you. I think the new transition might still allow a strike to go through, though.
Spamming a transition so the the punch animation won't complete shouldn't be an acceptable solution when they had the solution IN THE FIRST GAME and they took it out..

Again I ask who makes these decisions and who agrees and lets them go through with that decision

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 12-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #10
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Spamming a transition so the the punch animation won't complete shouldn't be an acceptable solution when they had the solution IN THE FIRST GAME and they took it out..

Again I ask who makes these decisions and who agrees and lets them go through with that decision
If me and Kitty were gamechangers you could bet the house we would have made it know most players find that unacceptable.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #11
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
its true side control is a rare position to knock someone out because you have the least control of the opponent so when you strike its easier for the bottom guy to scramble. But in this game it can be a death sentence on bad head health.
Yeah, this has been a huge pet peeve since UFC 2. I just don't get why the window to get out from side control aren't shorter and simply why side control is so strong now. Why have they let side control become so dominant? You'd think it could've been patched in UFC 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
Rookie

Have a buddy put you in side control & tell him to elbow you in the head hard as he can. When you wake up post about your findings.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
IF you spam the transitions or transition fakes, the guy on top can't strike you. I think the new transition might still allow a strike to go through, though.
You can still land 1-2 strikes from top during the hand-on-mouth push escape to half and roll to sprawl if the opponent has low stamina, sometimes it rolls off their face and doesn't register and sometimes you hear it connect but no animation plays, I'm guess these were beta bugs maybe? Or can a strike thrown before the transition is attempted still get through?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_Rico
Have a buddy put you in side control & tell him to elbow you in the head hard as he can. When you wake up post about your findings.
Or just watch Gary Goodridges UFC debut (I think)
Youknow the one. Where he sprawls a TD into a inverted salaverry (it ain't side, but still) and proceeds to land 452 vicious elbows in under 9 seconds to an unconcious opponent..
Haha.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #15
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Or just watch Gary Goodridges UFC debut (I think)
Youknow the one. Where he sprawls a TD into a inverted salaverry (it ain't side, but still) and proceeds to land 452 vicious elbows in under 9 seconds to an unconcious opponent..
Haha.
Yh i remember that, but its still not side control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_Rico
As a veteran of over 20 fights, I've never once been in danger of being finished by strikes from side control. Knees to the body are more common than even punches. The only time elbows and punches are going to cause a knockout from side control is if they are already rocked.

If someone attempted to elbow me, they ****ed up because that means there is no shoulder pressure being applied from that side. So, you just got put back into my full guard (or we're back to our feet). Congrats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »