Home

New Stamina Updates Video

This is a discussion on New Stamina Updates Video within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #49
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Stamina Updates Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What concerns you about head movement?
The inability to use it reactively is my primary concern. Which may be because of input lag or strikes being too fast... or a number of things. It also doesn't feel smooth enough. You don't have enough angles with it. It's not a 360 rotation. You can't slip while using minimum head movement. You have to sway right to the side or duck. This means boxing on the outside feels quite clunky. It's very common to just slip a straight punch by a margin on the outside for example... Because it leaves you in a better position to counter with your own straight punch. The movement and counter flows more fluently.

Go to 2:50 in this video. In UFC 3 this isn't possible. You have to sway straight down to the side. If there is more of a 360 control of the head movement... Slipping combos will be easier and feel better as well.

Now, I'm aware that this is probably a tough ask for UFC 3. Which is why I'd be happy with just the overall head movement feeling more responsive and being easier to use reactively.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

GameDevs you are awesome for this quick turn around. As someone who preordered the game, I want to say thank you for listening, and for showing us that you are listening.

Can’t wait to see what else has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #51
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
That video is very encouraging, good looking animations there. GPD is definitely doing his best to polish this game up before launch. With stamina now being addressed, I'll be interested in seeing how just that alone will change how fights play out. Stamina along with the head movement not feeling as responsive as I want were my biggest issues with the stand-up game.

And maybe, just maybe we'll finally get hidden opponent stamina? Keep hope alive.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Man, I really really want the stamina and health bars to be hidden in ranked matches at the very least. That alone would make some serious change to how the game is played, and now that the stamina is tuned up the way we wanted with the locomotion and animations being affected, it would be that much better with the opponents bars removed from our sight.

Please make it happen GPD.
It'd be such a missed opportunity to make the game that much more of a simulation if it aint added.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-18-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #52
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well done GPD! Great change that was definitely needed.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #53
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Looks ****ing great man. Well done.

I actually think the speed is perfect for how much stamina you have at different points in the video. It's realistic and balanced at the same time. Fights will still be winnable but you'll have to play VERY well. Which is how it should be.

This also now means that people are going to be discouraged massively from gassing themselves out in one or two rounds. Should hopefully mean we'll see fights go the distance more often.

There is also now a ton of risk in spending all your stamina trying to finish someone inside two rounds... Even if you are skilled. Which again, enhances realism. You got it bang on.
This! This is exactly what I wanted...you're not a slug or a sitting duck or anything around 50%. You're still at a decent speed to be fairly competitive but if you keep draining lower that's when you start heading into "sitting duck" territory. I like it.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #54
Rookie

That are some good changes. But i really hope they also listened when it comes to fighter random selection. Give us a fighter picture with a question mark or filter to enable that makes fights automatically random without having mirror matches happen when selected random. Also we need a rematch button after fights that where coming from game invites,so the fight starts instant with no loading screens again. Would like to know if we getting at least a random button it really annoys me to do it at my own every time.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #55
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The lag between inputs for one

High ratings should mean no lag
Do you think you should teleport away from the punch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #56
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
This! This is exactly what I wanted...you're not a slug or a sitting duck or anything around 50%. You're still at a decent speed to be fairly competitive but if you keep draining lower that's when you start heading into "sitting duck" territory. I like it.
Right. Also have to bear in mind that if you're in the position where you have like 15% stamina and the opponent has 100%... You're an idiot and obviously deserve to get KO'd lol. So I hope nobody is looking at that and thinking the movement difference is too much in that video. In a normal fight... you're both going to be moving somewhat slower.

Btw can people please acknowledge my head movement post. I feel like I'm making a really good point but it's going under the radar. I feel like people don't realise how much cooler the head movement would be if there was more range of motion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »