Home

Ponzinibio Special Perk

This is a discussion on Ponzinibio Special Perk within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ponzinibio Special Perk

These fighters just need to learn better defense...

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #18
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

It's photoshop but how is he allowed to fight with a toothpick in his mouth though
Old 12-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #19
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Holy crap lol....I know that had to hurt. He legit gouged him in the eye there.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #20
MVP

Youknow, I was a Jones fan up until that Texiera fight.
That goddamn shoulder crank made me cringe, I think it was legal, but it looked disgusting, cheap, and utterly ruined Glovers shoulder, I've never seen someone do it since, either, which makes me think its on the bro-code list of **** you could, but don't, do.

Then there are his eyepokes, thank god for the open hand rule, that's kinda, kinda ruined Jobs standing poke game.

But Ponz is another level. I saw that poke in the Perry Fight. How Yves didn't is beyond me, that was a striaght up eye stab, it drew blood!

I'm a huge gunni fan, so naturally I have no words to display my disgust (and nausea) from Ponzes pokes in that fight, I mean, If Gunni could see at the end of the fight, then Ray Charles thinks you got pretty eyes, I mean, Jesus. Brutal.

Ponz is to eye pokes what Bobby Green is to nut shots.
A lover, a devotee, a student, a Master.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I'm honestly a little more forgiving of the Perry one than the Gunnar fight tbh, it was 1 poke in 15 minutes and **** happens. However, the 4-5 he did in an 80 second fight is just ****ing absurd. It's 3.75 eyepokes per minute, Demian Maia threw 3.6 strikes per minute in the Woodley fight, like what the ****
it drew blood, before it Ponzi's striking wasn't working against Perry's head movement. Pomzi is scum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 10:24 PM   #22
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Youknow, I was a Jones fan up until that Texiera fight.
That goddamn shoulder crank made me cringe, I think it was legal, but it looked disgusting, cheap, and utterly ruined Glovers shoulder, I've never seen someone do it since, either, which makes me think its on the bro-code list of **** you could, but don't, do.

Then there are his eyepokes, thank god for the open hand rule, that's kinda, kinda ruined Jobs standing poke game.

But Ponz is another level. I saw that poke in the Perry Fight. How Yves didn't is beyond me, that was a striaght up eye stab, it drew blood!

I'm a huge gunni fan, so naturally I have no words to display my disgust (and nausea) from Ponzes pokes in that fight, I mean, If Gunni could see at the end of the fight, then Ray Charles thinks you got pretty eyes, I mean, Jesus. Brutal.

Ponz is to eye pokes what Bobby Green is to nut shots.
A lover, a devotee, a student, a Master.
Call me an ******* but I honestly don't get all that mad at fighters poking each other in the eye. I mean they shouldn't look for eye pokes but I understand the mentality of sticking their hand out and not caring if they poke their opponent in the eye. They're in a fight. Somebody is trying to turn their brain off and break their bones.

I don't wanna say it's a cool thing to do but I can't be that mad at it either. The problem is more so with the rules and how the fights are officiated imo. There's my unpopular opinion.

That aside... Ponzi gives me a real ******* vibe in general. Something off about him.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Call me an ******* but I honestly don't get all that mad at fighters poking each other in the eye. I mean they shouldn't look for eye pokes but I understand the mentality of sticking their hand out and not caring if they poke their opponent in the eye. They're in a fight. Somebody is trying to turn their brain off and break their bones.

I don't wanna say it's a cool thing to do but I can't be that mad at it either. The problem is more so with the rules and how the fights are officiated imo. There's my unpopular opinion.

That aside... Ponzi gives me a real ******* vibe in general. Something off about him.
I get where your coming from, And I totally understand not all eye pokes are deliberate, as sticking your hand out like that is a natural reaction to create space from an attacker. You just cant help it sometimes, but, MMA is a competitive fight, held under rules, not a streetfight, your there to see who the better fighter is, yes your there to win too, but I wouldn't ever say eye pokes are a viable defense. Or excusable, in professional competition, you risk blinding your opponent.

In a street fight, **** it, gouge, your trying to live.
In a sanctioned, legal bout, I think its dirty if done intentionally.
Accidents certainly happen, but let's take Bones as an example, he guaged and kept range by holding his arm fully extended, always at eye height of the opponent, fingers out, the whole defense is based around the notion the fighter runs a high risk of running straight into your finger coming in, you'll see him cover the mouth on the ground, then slide his fingers up towards the eyes. It's just dirty.

And especially from a guy like him, who has all the tools to beat these dudes anyway.

I get where your coming from, but my opinion is certainly the opposite lol.
Except about Ponzy.. I completely agree there lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »