Home

What about bloodbath fights ?

This is a discussion on What about bloodbath fights ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: What about bloodbath fights ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAndSweat
Yea, mma isn't rated T for teen.

Also, in France, it's rated pegi 16, so you're not supposed to play it under 16. And there's plenty of pegi 16 games with a lot more ****ed up stuff...

Why not add it as an option or as a DLC to avoid the Rating ?

I don’t think options or dlc are a way to avoid a rating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #10
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not sure about a perk but EA had some sort of bruising and cut ratings in FNC too. It would be nice if that was in EA UFC. And was it U3 that had blood stains stay on the mat in event mode from the previous match? I'm pretty sure some game did this...?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I'm not sure about a perk but EA had some sort of bruising and cut ratings in FNC too. It would be nice if that was in EA UFC. And was it U3 that had blood stains stay on the mat in event mode from the previous match? I'm pretty sure some game did this...?

Ufc 2 does that. Blood stays on the mat in event mode.

Fnc had a cut rating and it was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAndSweat
Not sure about that tho, I'm all about realism in MMA games, and such a perk doesn't seem realistic to me, or at least not doable in a realistic manner...

Bleeding doesn't have a magical positive impact on stats IRL, but maybe a "Berserker" mode could get triggered when you get cut bad, like litterally you being like "You cut me so i'm gonna **** you up" that would drastically lower your defense for a bit of an offensive boost, for a short period of time like 20 seconds.. Because getting cut could lead to to being reckless, but you cannot keep fighting for a long time like that
Aye i meant it like that, obvisioly a realistic version
Old 12-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I don’t think options or dlc are a way to avoid a rating.
Well Creative assembly did that for Total War Warhammer, they released a dlc called Blood for the Blood God that added a lot of gore effect, and it had no effect on the rating, the DLC itself was Rated M

Don't really know how it works tbh, but they did

And yea, there was a bit of blood on the ground in 2, but first of all, it didn't appear mid round, like blood actually dripping from a cut to form a puddle, it apeared in between rounds right ?
And still it far from enough, I want blood on the ground like in the gif I posted earlier !
Old 12-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #14
MVP

Thumbs up Re: What about bloodbath fights ?

I'm torn on this one, I found damage was about right in UFC 1, but cuts weren't that great when they happened, I found UFC 2 was way over the top, with both fighters often looking like they had been through a war in one round, every fight.

Personally, I'd like to see cuts be harder to get, or only come in realistic ways (grazing shots, elbows, ect) but when they do start bleeding, I wouldn't mind seeing it occasionally be a really bad Penn v Stevenson cut where it looks like someone has been murdered.

I wish yhe blood effects on characters bodies smeared during grappling instead of stayed as drops, but its a minor thing really.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Dzarek's Arena

In some sitatuations more blood would be ok. But not every one fight.
Doctor stoppage also would be great but i don't think that is so easy to balance. It sounds good when you wrote about blocking cut on head and then opponent should focus on attack bottom but in details how it should work ?

One/two/three/n elbows is enough to cut skin? Only elbows ? If you get cut, how many punches you can take before stoppage ? Maybe someone start hunting for cut, and then fight will be easier. And it should be add another element - skin toughness stats - everybody has different skin. Lennox Lewis said once that when somebody want to call himself a "Champion", should be the best in every aspect - including skin toughness. If somebody is master in everything but has very poor skin then this is his weakness (it was after fight with Klitschko who lost with Lennox because of cut ).

Last edited by Dzarek; 12-30-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
In some sitatuations more blood would be ok. But not every one fight.
Doctor stoppage also would be great but i don't think that is so easy to balance. It sounds good when you wrote about blocking cut on head and then opponent should focus on attack bottom but in details how it should work ?

One/two/three/n elbows is enough to cut skin? Only elbows ? If you get cut, how many punches you can take before stoppage ? Maybe someone start hunting for cut, and then fight will be easier. And it should be add another element - skin toughness stats - everybody has different skin. Lennox Lewis said once that when somebody want to call himself a "Champion", should be the best in every aspect - including skin toughness. If somebody is master in everything but has very poor skin then this is his weakness (it was after fight with Klitschko who lost with Lennox because of cut ).
Increased chance of cutting is on of the main reasons for using cuts, and hunting for cuts isnt really a thing, unless a gameplan is to use more elbows and knees then your basically thai fighting.

As for skin toughness stats cut it should be cut resistance, as some people cut easily like thw diaz brothers but it doesnt bother them, where as some people dont much cut but when they do it bothers them a lot more

Last edited by FCB x Finlay; 12-30-2017 at 07:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »