Home

MIA Referees and Drs (any update on their inclusion)?

This is a discussion on MIA Referees and Drs (any update on their inclusion)? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MIA Referees and Drs (any update on their inclusion)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Speaking of MIA, I can't believe Hayes is cool with Lee in the game and not Norris.

Not having ref interaction ever in the game is no beuno. I think whoever signed off on that is maybe out of touch with what gamers want. IMHO if UFC 3 drops and gets like a 6 or 7 review score little things like ref interaction probably hurt score a lot. Immediately after ko strike is so unsatisfying.
Presentation as a whole is going to hurt the game. It has horrible presentation (if it remains as is in the beta). But when you bring it up the only response you get is no one buys the game for the little things.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, it is impossible. It needs the motion capture for appointed KO positions. and what that means It needs pre-made KO animations like UD3.

It’s not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
Presentation as a whole is going to hurt the game. It has horrible presentation (if it remains as is in the beta). But when you bring it up the only response you get is no one buys the game for the little things.

I wouldn’t describe it as horrible. That’s an overstatement. It definitely could be improved though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #12
Rookie

I agree, presentation is far from horrible, at least in my opinion. However I also agree that this will hurt it's ratings (again). You're not representing the sport properly at all with this omission. To me it's similar to; if in fight night the ref didn't do a count but rather just called it a knockout and the screen pans to you celebrating, or a basketball game where if you shoot the ball for a buzzer beater the quarter ends the second the clock expires. I can see how these could be perceived as little things, but I'd have to assume anyone familiar with these sports know "they're kind of a big deal".
Old 12-31-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

MIA Referees and Drs (any update on their inclusion)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
I agree, presentation is far from horrible, at least in my opinion. However I also agree that this will hurt it's ratings (again). You're not representing the sport properly at all with this omission. To me it's similar to; if in fight night the ref didn't do a count but rather just called it a knockout and the screen pans to you celebrating, or a basketball game where if you shoot the ball for a buzzer beater the quarter ends the second the clock expires. I can see how these could be perceived as little things, but I'd have to assume anyone familiar with these sports know "they're kind of a big deal".

Don’t get me wrong. I think ref interactions are important for immersion purposes. With that said, I can’t remember a single review that docked the game for presentation but reasons related to red interaction.

Last edited by aholbert32; 01-01-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:05 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Don’t get me wrong. I think ref interactions are important for immersion purposes. With that said, I can’t remember a sone nope review that docked the game for presentation but reasons related to red interaction.

Me too, and I don't think we'll see them mention that this year either. There are things that are more prominent to people reading those reviews to mention. I think that people playing, whether you are able to pin-point it or not, will feel something is a bit "off" about the way fights conclude in this game.

Perhaps it's just me, but even in UD3 , when you were getting ground and pounded and the Ref closed in and you knew you needed to "do something" to prevent the stoppage. That, while not perfect, was light years better than not having the mechanic at all. Again, it could totally just be me, but I can't believe 5 years into the franchise this is still absent. Much more important than a new move, or a fancy new fighter entrance in my book.

Point being, I don't expect it to ever be directly mentioned in a review, however I believe it could very well affect the score.

Last edited by iHazCode; 01-01-2018 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:13 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Me too, and I don't think we'll see them mention that this year either. There are things that are more prominent to people reading those reviews to mention. I think that people playing, whether you are able to pin-point it or not, will feel something is a bit "off" about the way fights conclude in this game.

Perhaps it's just me, but even in UD3 , when you were getting ground and pounded and the Ref closed in and you knew you needed to "do something" to prevent the stoppage. That, while not perfect, was light years better than not having the mechanic at all. Again, it could totally just be me, but I can't believe 5 years into the franchise this is still absent. Much more important than a new move, or a fancy new fighter entrance in my book.

Point being, I don't expect it to ever be directly mentioned in a review, however I believe it could very well affect the score.
The ref definitely starts to close in on you if you're taking too much punishment in a position that allows TKOs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Has EA responded to its exclusion? Doesn’t make any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »