Home

Pregame worries

This is a discussion on Pregame worries within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2018, 12:03 AM   #25
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pregame worries

If we were to compare the degree of improvements of UFC 3 over the degree of improvements of other sports titles over their predecessors I'd say UFC did pretty well. They not only did the bare minimum of adding animations and updating the roster,they also added a few game modes,made improvements on their career mode and franchise mode,completely revamped the standup game,made some(although minor) changes on the ground,clinch,and submission game,removed parries, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #26
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

If you wait forever to deliver the perfect game, by the time you finish, your tech will be outdated. The idea in the original post is very naive.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:08 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
If you wait forever to deliver the perfect game, by the time you finish, your tech will be outdated. The idea in the original post is very naive.
That's a great way to put it actually, that's exactly what happened to DayZ if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #28
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Spiders.....
Old 01-07-2018, 02:22 AM   #29
Pro

They did quite a bit to revamp the game. The Clinch and ground game are similar to EA UFC 2 but still slightly different. GnP is a little harder this time around. Landed Hard Knees release the clinch.

Realistically the ground game and clinch don't need much work. It's more so just a few things that need adjustments to alter the way those aspects look and feel.

The EA Devs may be a team, but I've noticed that some things even Geoff(GPD) didn't know were changed such as the attributes being different than EA UFC 2 and why that approach was taken for combining certain stats.

The devs obviously have different roles in what their focus and role is with the development of the game.

Over 5,000 animations mocapped is alot. I don't have a clue how long that would take, plus also flying people in to do that and to animate it all correctly is no easy task.

It was a gamble the to change the Striking the way they did, but I would say it's definitely for the better.

Alot of the suggestions if they don't make it in or aren't already in will likely be an UFC 4 thing, unless the feel it's worth the cost or time then it may be added to the game via patches.

I'm overall happy with the interaction the devs have with the community, showing they actually considered the community feedback.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:40 AM   #30
MVP

Trillz's Arena

tbh no matter how much they add things or fix things people will alwayss demand more things to be added or fixed. Also people will hav different opinions to others, so the game will never be perfect to everybody.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
If you wait forever to deliver the perfect game, by the time you finish, your tech will be outdated.
Someone tell this to the Mount and Blade Bannerlord devs! Been waiting on that game for years now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #32
Rookie

I'm trying not to get too negative about things, because Im really buzzing for the game, but when you read constant posts on this forum, it is hard to not start thinking of some of the potential bad points.

While Im sure the stand up is going to be amazing, and something everyone will agree that time should have been spent on, at the same time, it seems like a lot of things are going to remain untouched.

The clinch being the main one, its the worst thing about the game at the minute easily, it immediately transports you from "live" action that feels dangerous, to a almost turn based slow down that nothing good comes from.

Even without all new mo cap etc, I feel more could and should have been done for it, Martial Mind makes some good points in other thread about speeding it up etc at least. I hate it, and will be avoiding clinching up as much as possible. If you can compare it to FIFA, it would be like saying the crossing doesn't work, no one likes to use it. But they would leave it exactly like that the following year because they spent their entire budget working on the shooting.

The graphics don't look to have improved massively, I'm expecting a lot of recycled models from 2+ (maybe even in some cases 4+) years ago? The Ngannou one has dampened any enthusiasm I had that as much detail will be given to the visual aspect of the game as the stand up has clearly had.

Last edited by lbnt149; 01-07-2018 at 09:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »