Home

Roster Reveal

This is a discussion on Roster Reveal within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:44 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Roster Reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I'd rather they focus on 125.

145 is basically Cyborg and whichever Bantamweight gets a bag dropped at their front door to fighr her. So put her in the Bantamweight division like last year and go from there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yup. What’s the alternative, a 145 roster that is basically a mirror of the 135 with some left out and Cyborg added?

Also I’ll be surprised if we get 125, but it would be cool.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #34
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Even though there's only about 6 145 women, you gotta have it for Cyborg to be the virtual champ and for offline makeshift Universes. Its not too big of a deal for online, but it hurts offline players that want to run there own thing. So far they'd really only have to make Megan Anderson I think.

Women's FlyW has enough people, I'm really hoping it's possible. This might be why they don't want to do a roster reveal this year if true, people would not look seeing these omissions.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
If you get a chance would you mind asking the devs a question?

What are the limitations or determination for how many CAF slots they give us?

Do you want to know how many slots or why there are so few?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Even though there's only about 6 145 women, you gotta have it for Cyborg to be the virtual champ and for offline makeshift Universes. So far they'd really only have to make Megan Anderson I think. Women's FlyW has enough people, I'm really hoping it's possible. This might be why they don't want to do a roster reveal this year if true, people would not look seeing these omissions.

Anderson has never even fought in the UFC so I’ll be really surprised to see her.

For offline universe purposes as long as Cyborg is around I am fine with having her fight for the batamweight title in game but knowing myself it’s really 145.

I’m afraid that 125 just happened too late to make it. They probably wouldn’t have guessed the champion so if they do have it the champion probably isn’t even in. Hopefully we can get it in a patch later if it doesn’t make ship, and if it does I will be extremely impressed.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Even though there's only about 6 145 women, you gotta have it for Cyborg to be the virtual champ and for offline makeshift Universes. Its not too big of a deal for online, but it hurts offline players that want to run there own thing. So far they'd really only have to make Megan Anderson I think.

Women's FlyW has enough people, I'm really hoping it's possible. This might be why they don't want to do a roster reveal this year if true, people would not look seeing these omissions.

If Bantamweight and Strawweight have grown their rosters, I can make do with just merging them at times to create my 125 universe division and supplement with CAF pretty easily. IRL half of the division is put together this way and then they'll sign natural 125'ers along the way.

It feels weirder and requires a lot more time to get 145 done. Like you said, just throw a Bantamweight in and then create the rest. It's a fly by the seat of your pants operation, but that's the way the UFC is handling IRL so it's hard to fault the game at all for this.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why so few? I assume there is a reason. Of course I'd love to know the number but I doubt that's possible to divulge.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would like to know at least the first. And if the number is low then I’ve got some heart burn about a game on a two year dev cycle not fixing the constraint that keeps it low, especially since (again, two year dev cycle) there’ll be a lot of new faces in the UFC before we get another game.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Why so few? I assume there is a reason.

Memory reasons. I was told with UFC 1 that they like to save a good amount of memory space so they can add as much DLC as they want and for adding additional features. I'm assuming thats still the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »