Home

GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion

This is a discussion on GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I don't LIKE it....but this is one of those areas you have to conform to for video game purposes. For instance, Fight Night had you knocking guys down multiple times until you eventually knocked them out. This doesn't happen often in boxing. Refs would typically stop the fight if one fighter is getting pummeled too badly. But in the confines of a video game it ends up making sense.

No it doesn't. There are different goals to a video game. First there's the generic entertainment type that people play purely for fun e.g. Call Of Duty.

There's the special ones that don't aim sorely for entertainment but instead to give something that is like a work of art for the hardcore crowd. Not for the casual audience because of their complexity and including things that they don't want to go through because it's too slow paced and "boring" e.g. Virtua Fighter.

And then there's the simulation. Where it aims to realistically represent realism in whatever it is regardless of whether players might find it enjoyable or not. Similar to the second one I described above. This is what EA UFC should be, a simulation.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #18
Rookie

What I mean by taking him at face value is that he in no uncertain words expressed why it wasnt included. Your voice isnt the one that is going to make him "see the light" and add it. You spoke at length about this along with a hundred other people. They know peoples displeasure with it. Why add to the screams? Don't get me wrong, feel free to complain. But once the complaint has hit a threshold of people saying it, adding more to it in this fashion (protests are a different thing all together) doesnt help in my opinion. I want to come here for discussion. Not to see the same complaint again and again. At a certain point, it is just bashing and that sucks. Maybe Im alone in my thoughts on this. Oh well.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #19
MVP

I can't believe. What's going on this game? Who is want remove it???????? I just want to see that feedback. I really don't understand their decision. Why they removed it, but didn't remove micro payment even if every players hate it? so funny.

So depressing. That's such a lame excuse. I am not gonna buy EA UFC3.

Last edited by tissues250; 01-12-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Entertained
No it doesn't. There are different goals to a video game. First there's the generic entertainment type that people play purely for fun e.g. Call Of Duty.

There's the special ones that don't aim sorely for entertainment but instead to give something that is like a work of art for the hardcore crowd. Not for the casual audience because of their complexity and including things that they don't want to go through because it's too slow paced and "boring" e.g. Virtua Fighter.

And then there's the simulation. Where it aims to realistically represent realism in whatever it is regardless of whether players might find it enjoyable or not. Similar to the second one I described above. This is what EA UFC should be, a simulation.
And a BETTER sim than the UFC series had unrealistic KO scenarios. Yet nobody cared. Nobody cares years later, either. Realism doesn't always make for the best video game.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
And a BETTER sim than the UFC series had unrealistic KO scenarios. Yet nobody cared. Nobody cares years later, either. Realism doesn't always make for the best video game.
In this case, realism should be the goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleAgony
What I mean by taking him at face value is that he in no uncertain words expressed why it wasnt included. Your voice isnt the one that is going to make him "see the light" and add it. You spoke at length about this along with a hundred other people. They know peoples displeasure with it. Why add to the screams? Don't get me wrong, feel free to complain. But once the complaint has hit a threshold of people saying it, adding more to it in this fashion (protests are a different thing all together) doesnt help in my opinion. I want to come here for discussion. Not to see the same complaint again and again. At a certain point, it is just bashing and that sucks. Maybe Im alone in my thoughts on this. Oh well.
As long as the feedback isn't hateful in nature, having more voices add to it is not a bad thing. It may be annoying for you, someone who may not care about the issue, to have to read it over and over. But honestly, no offence, I don't care one bit if it is annoying to other forum users. My goal is to increase the chances of something I feel should be in the game to actually be in the game. And the more people who "complain" about it does help, if only to keep it fresh in the Devs mind. Ragdoll KOs got a huge voice from the forums and here we are, they were added back. In many ways it actually is very much like a protest actually. And this thread was made to discuss, so if you are here for discussion, discuss away about the topic.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Entertained
In this case, realism should be the goal.
It is the goal. But there's going to be a give/take when it comes to that. You have to sacrifice some realism to make an accessible game.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #24
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
Yes.

But lets not pretend the animation of landing additional blows to a dead opponent was realistic.
Yeah, that's kind of the key point.

If you accept that we couldn't do the proper solution (and feel free to be angry about that) which choice was less offensive?

Walk off KO (which does happen irl) or a guy pounding on a limp opponent with no ref intervention (which doesn't happen irl)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »