Home

GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion

This is a discussion on GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: GPD's official response to Finish the Fight discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah I made a whole thread kinda about that a while ago:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...sequences.html

Problem is, it seems they didn't quite have the resources this time around to overhaul this aspect of the game for release. So now as it stands, the discussion is about the implementation of what we basically had in UFC 2.
They didn't have resources ? The problem is that we were a lot complaining about this aspect (even before the beta), and they didn't changed anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #42
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Is it possible that if only the transition of having your opponent go limp and our player pounciNg on him was made more fluidely, instead of having that invisible wall and waiting a bit before being able to, it wouldn't have had the criticism it received?

In UFC2 there was no doubt your opponent was out cold before we could pounce on him with the delay happening, plus with the clock stopping it was that more obvious. What if the clock wouldn't stop for us to see, and what if that delay was gone, would it not represent the sport better making it more of a instinct to finish off your opponent before he has time to recuperate, instead of what looked like wanting your opponent go brain dead?

I just feel like the criticism was mostly due to the delay and not necessarily due to the lack of referee interaction.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 01-12-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebaldwin
Is it possible that if only the transition of having your opponent go limp and our player pounciNg on him was made more fluidely, instead of having that invisible wall and waiting a bit before being able to, it wouldn't have had the criticism it received?

In UFC2 there was no doubt your opponent was out cold before we could pounce on him with the delay happening, plus with the clock stopping it was that more obvious. What if the clock wouldn't stop for us to see, and what if that delay was gone, would it not represent the sport better making it more of a instinct to finish off your opponent before he has time to recuperate, instead of what looked like wanting your opponent go brain dead?

I just feel like it the criticism was part due to the delay and not necessarily due to the lack of referee interaction.
Oh you are still alive. And i agree.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Yeah, that's kind of the key point.

If you accept that we couldn't do the proper solution (and feel free to be angry about that) which choice was less offensive?

Walk off KO (which does happen irl) or a guy pounding on a limp opponent with no ref intervention (which doesn't happen irl)?

Do you think its possible to come up with a solution? Can it be replaced with something else rather than just be removed with leaving nothing there? I hope something can replace it bcuz ea sports ufc 3 is a revolutionary game. The striking system is phenomenal. But a ground parry system would fix the fiinish the fight & tko segment. When fighter is stunned Allow us to parry/sway on the ground by pressing the two face buttons for left and 2 for the right.
-Time it right a couple times you survive.
-Time it on the wrong side it should be a ko.
-Time it late and too many unanswered punches results in a tko

It should be only activated when the fighter is stunned on theground on the recieving end. That would be soooo cool and it could help alot.

So basically its the same concept how the parry system worked in previous ufc games but instead its on the ground and can only be triggered when a fighter is badly hurt/stunned
Old 01-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #45
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempman1000
Do you think its possible to come up with a solution?
I do, but I can't promise anything at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempman1000
Do you think its possible to come up with a solution? Can it be replaced with something else rather than just be removed with leaving nothing there? I hope something can replace it bcuz ea sports ufc 3 is a revolutionary game. The striking system is phenomenal. But a ground parry system would fix the fiinish the fight & tko segment. When fighter is stunned Allow us to parry/sway on the ground by pressing the two face buttons for left and 2 for the right.
-Time it right a couple times you survive.
-Time it on the wrong side it should be a ko.
-Time it late and too many unanswered punches results in a tko

It should be only activated when the fighter is stunned on theground on the recieving end. That would be soooo cool and it could help alot.

So basically its the same concept how the parry system worked in previous ufc games but instead its on the ground and can only be triggered when a fighter is badly hurt/stunned
Parrying isnt really used in ground situations as its too close range and to high risk, I agree with sways though. I think a scramble mechanic would need to be built first though.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #47
Rookie

God bless you Geoffery Harrower first of your name for reading and taking time to reply to this nonsense, I suspect people that are adamant about this have anger issues.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 01-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
God bless you Geoffery Harrower first of your name for reading and taking time to reply to this nonsense, I suspect people that are adamant about this have anger issues.
Nice man, very insightful post that contributes to the topic and helps shape the future of EA UFC 3. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »