Home

Fix these three gameplay issues and EA UFC becomes the best MMA game ever

This is a discussion on Fix these three gameplay issues and EA UFC becomes the best MMA game ever within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fix these three gameplay issues and EA UFC becomes the best MMA game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeface
The points you made are exactly the ones to make this game the best ever.

The only ones I would add are:

1. Better Ground and Pound - Currently the ground and pound looks strange. The fighters do way too much pausing in the animation.

2. More Struggle/Better Animations When Transitioning - The transitions look good for the most part, but I still feel it doesn't look like enough of a struggle is going on. The animations make it look like it's super easy to pass guard, half guard, etc. The double input transitions where both fighters are attempting to transition look great though, I think we need more depth in the normal transitions to make them look better.

3. More Animated Submissions - The submissions look god awful currently. There is literally no struggle whatsoever. The fighters just sit in a position and breathe until they advance to the next stage and then sit in that stage with nothing else going on.

I agree, especially with your second point. The same depth and struggle that should be added to takedowns/clinch can also be incorporated into the ground game as well.

The grapple dial can stay, all that needs to be added are more animations that branch off from each position - depending on when/if transitions are defended.

I.e. passing from half guard to side control, if defended in the middle of the window results in a denial (as is the case now), but if defenses late in the window, can result in quarter guard, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #10
Rookie

I definitely expect the next iteration to be crowned undisputed champion of MMA games with the majority of fans finally agreeing it is better than UFC Undisputed 3. Now that they have a great base for the ground game and the stand up looking and feeling amazing, they will be able to use the time for the next one on refining the ground and working on that horrible clinch system. If they for some reason don't have time to add everything listed in this thread, the clinch should be #1 priority. It is currently the worse aspect of the game.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #11
MVP

Thumbs up Re: Fix these three gameplay issues and EA UFC becomes the best MMA game ever

Quote:
I definitely expect the next iteration to be crowned undisputed champion of MMA games with the majority of fans finally agreeing it is better than UFC Undisputed 3. Now that they have a great base for the ground game and the stand up looking and feeling amazing, they will be able to use the time for the next one on refining the ground and working on that horrible clinch system. If they for some reason don't have time to add everything listed in this thread, the clinch should be #1 priority. It is currently the worse aspect of the game.
Nice post, This is kinda where I'm at too, I look at UD3 as the gold standard.

The UFC 3 Beta alone knocked UD3's striking off the top spot, well and truly.
But there are still a lot of aspects and elements of clinch and groundfighting that UD3 does so much better.

Such as, the momentum of the clinch, the way it feels like a frantic push/pull struggle that is also dangerous as hell, shrimping/crawling on the ground, the ability to move your head on the ground, the ability to block from almost all positions for both players, lots of little things like that.

I personally enjoy the ground game of UFC 2 & 3, and I definitely don't want to see it tossed and redone or something extreme, but expanded upon, added too, ect, so it gets to the point that its just insanely layered and dense, if that makes sense.

The clinch system though. Ouch. Never really been a fan, it feels slow and awkward, and not dangerous at all if you know how to defend the Thai clinch, I only use it to mix up my TD attempts if I'm playing someone who can stuff shoots well.

That said, ill be clinching for TDs a lot more in UFC 3 until the TD input issues are addressed and hard combos for TD setups hopefully get added down the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:

I recently heard that UFC and EA Sports had only a 3-game deal, meaning this will be the last UFC game developed by EA (unless another deal is made).

Can anyone confirm this?

Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #13
Rookie

I honestly liked how if you defended a takedown reaaaally early in EA MMA, you threw a powerful knee counter. The sprawl animation in EA UFC really bugs me though, it's so slow and wrong. It looks like they're drilling sprawls and the guy shooting is purposely letting go.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFlame
I honestly liked how if you defended a takedown reaaaally early in EA MMA, you threw a powerful knee counter. The sprawl animation in EA UFC really bugs me though, it's so slow and wrong. It looks like they're drilling sprawls and the guy shooting is purposely letting go.

I honestly forgot about the knee. That’d be a solid feature to bring back

Old 01-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Is there anyway we could get this 1 back?

The step in jab off the lead lean?

Lean Jab:

The lead lean is the most common generally, because it's the most defensive. Your back and shoulder act as a shield for income strikes. It's common for fighters to use this position to feel out the opponent, act as a feint, or bait, and often as a safe place to launch a step in jab from.

For some reason the step in lead lean jab has been removed from UFC 3.

It was awesome for things like slipping a strike and hopping in, cracking with the 1-2.

kinda like this-

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 05:47 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I honestly forgot about the knee. That’d be a solid feature to bring back

You can already time knees, flying knees and uppercuts to counter shoot takedowns, they're just not automatic on sprawls, which I prefer to be honest, stuffing shots is very easy already.

Plus timing that flying knee as someone shoots like Barboza did to Dariush feels greeeeeat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »