Home

Possible EA MMA features that could be patched ?

This is a discussion on Possible EA MMA features that could be patched ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #17
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Possible EA MMA features that could be patched ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I'd imagine that the license lapsed and EA felt he wasn't worth the investment. Like, if not enough people bought the DLC version of him to make it worth their while to put him in the game.

To be clear, I'd prefer him to be in the game, that's just why I suspect he isn't in.
Yeah. Hopefully they can renew it. I don't know how much they pay these guys. I am sure I read that Mark Coleman didn't get anything for it. Hopefully they can renew the contract.

Hopefully UFC will allow them to approach these guys to appear in the game.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #18
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Of course, I couldn't agree more with the EA MMA sub system being nearly flawless. It was extremely exciting and intense. I never played online at that time but when I had friends over, it was insanely dramatic. Sometimes you actually felt like you had to dig deep not to give up when you've been working the sub for a while lol. But it was seriously immersive and fun, the current system is the exact opposite to me.

I know they'll always be plenty of online players that just want to stand and bang, but I think a lot of them just find the current sub system dull and robotic as I do when I see these guys with 100s or 1000s of fights but around 5% sub finishes so often. I'm honestly hoping maybe just the new look of the sub gates gets me into it and practice in the new sub mode. I hate not having sub wins but I'm just not interested in it at all with EA UFC.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 01-20-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:05 PM   #19
Rookie

emmdeekay's Arena

The EA MMA live events system, where you could watch a live broadcast of fights with commentary from the devs or whoever they had on was wayyy ahead of it's time and I'd like to see it back.

IIRC Couldn't you watch replays of someones last fights from their gamer card, or was it just your own? Or none? It's been a while.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdeekay
The EA MMA live events system, where you could watch a live broadcast of fights with commentary from the devs or whoever they had on was wayyy ahead of it's time and I'd like to see it back.

IIRC Couldn't you watch replays of someones last fights from their gamer card, or was it just your own? Or none? It's been a while.
You could go to the leaderboard, select anybody and watch their last 5 fights. It was incredible. The exhibition fight card lobby system was the best mode ever created. For fun, for sparring, for quick rematches, for tourneys. I don't believe the developers actually knew when they created it how many ways the player base would end up using it for.

Last edited by Evil97; 01-20-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #21
Rookie

The leaderboard was awesome. Had its own website too not just in game.

I miss EA MMA. That game was the best. Fight cards, live broadcast, multiple rulesets and venues, awesome damage system. The leaderboard website was great too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Yeah. Hopefully they can renew it. I don't know how much they pay these guys. I am sure I read that Mark Coleman didn't get anything for it. Hopefully they can renew the contract.

Hopefully UFC will allow them to approach these guys to appear in the game.
Rutten has never been under a contract where the UFC had rights to his likeness. Coleman has.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats16
The leaderboard was awesome. Had its own website too not just in game.

I miss EA MMA. That game was the best. Fight cards, live broadcast, multiple rulesets and venues, awesome damage system. The leaderboard website was great too.
Yeah, multiple venues and rulesets added a lot of replayability IMO. Nothing like Japanese rules ! Also, the different types of arenas were a real plus because you didn't have the impression of fighting in the same place each match. EA should increment more leagues (they own the rights of a lot of smaller leagues now) and arenas and let gamers have match in them ; I hope we'll be able to use the WFA arena in UFC 3.

And yes, I definitely think that EA MMA's sub system, if reimplemented on the current game, would push people to try submissions A LOT MORE. I miss it a lot.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #24
Rookie

Guys, stop dreaming! You keep illusion yourselves with such changes that EA is gonna take years to deliver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »