Home

Are there any changes to Live events/event mode??

This is a discussion on Are there any changes to Live events/event mode?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2018, 02:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are there any changes to Live events/event mode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not at release. You guys have to make some noise about this because right now its only me.
Duly noted. I'll happily make some noise for that.

I'd love to see sliders in event mode, I imagine ill be using sliders for most fights, so this really hurts event mode for me, as its the best way to play a universe mode.

I think all offline modes should have sliders really. Otherwise it limits what you can enjoy if you do choose to use sliders.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-23-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:56 AM   #10
MVP

No changes - so weight class mixing is same as UFC 2?

At least add custom sliders.

This is the only mode I play as an offline player, except for Career once.

Please patch in custom sliders.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not at release. You guys have to make some noise about this because right now its only me.
Making noise

Event mode is THE mode for offline sim players and these are exactly the players that want to use sliders. It is very disappointing to read that sliders are initially not available for this mode.

I hope that the team works on event mode presentation for the next installment. EA does not have to reinvent the wheel (just invest time and money). UD3 event mode had nice intros and was more immersive overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #12
MVP

We should be able to have full customization for Custom Events. It doesn't effect anyone else besides the offline user, so why shouldn't we be able to have the offline experience we want?

I should be able to run Max Holloway through the featherweight division and then bump him up to LW if I want. There should never be limitations to the type of matchmaking an offline player can have.

And we should definitely be able to have any match type that the UFC has ever put on. Title fight, interim title fight, vacant title fight, 3 round fight, 5 round fight.

It would also be exceptional if you could do a Champ vs. Champ fight an assign the titles to the red and blue corner. So lets say you do Stipe vs. DC, there should be a way for us to tell the game that we want Buffer to announce DC as the light heavyweight champion and then Stipe as the heavyweight champion. If we do McGregor vs. Holloway we should be able to have it say McGregor is the lightweight champ and Holloway is the featherweight champ in the intros.

If I want to do a Gaethje vs. Woodley fight for the welterweight title, I should be able to customize it so that it's Woodley as the WW champ and Gaethje as the LW champ if I want it to be so.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 07:11 AM   #13
MVP

At some point we have to work on the presentation elements of this game a little more and really hammer home the immersion of the game. From what I've seen, it feels like we stalled out this year on adding much in this area.

Gameplay is important and core to a solid game. But it feels like the competitive online gets a lot more of what they want while those of us who still play video games as a form of escapism and immersion are getting less and less of what we want from our $60.

Somebody needs to sit down and watch the UFC events and say, why doesn't our game have any kind of intro scene for Custom Events? How come we don't have any co-main event audio for the second to last fight?

I know the budget is usually the answer for everything. But can we please carve out a little for the throwback video game fans?

Old 01-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #14
MVP

For sure. Presentation does make up the game too, however I would argue that gameplay is priority BUT leaving out sliders from event mode is a gameplay affecting choice.

Besides.

They had all this funding to gut Ultimate Team and make it something quite different when people hadn't asked for it.

Why didn't they improve Event Mode or add Universe mode when people did ask for these?

It's important for offline players & replayability :/

At the very least, could we get the sliders into event mode?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #15
Pro

LarsP's Arena

No changes to event mode is a real bummer. A few new Bruce Buffer lines couldn't be too much to ask, right?

And some noise for sliders in event mode here as well..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
For sure. Presentation does make up the game too, however I would argue that gameplay is priority BUT leaving out sliders from event mode is a gameplay affecting choice.

Besides.

They had all this funding to gut Ultimate Team and make it something quite different when people hadn't asked for it.

Why didn't they improve Event Mode or add Universe mode when people did ask for these?

It's important for offline players & replayability :/

At the very least, could we get the sliders into event mode?
Gameplay is the priority and it should be.

But there has to be some ability to give us a little bump in some of the other areas. It just looks off when it feels like the exact same presentation as the last game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »