Home

Clip incoming, my first knockout of a takedown spammer

This is a discussion on Clip incoming, my first knockout of a takedown spammer within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #9
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clip incoming, my first knockout of a takedown spammer

I recommend waiting for the clip to upload before making a thread lol, teasing is just mean.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
it’s just me trying takedowns over and over then getting knocked out by a upper cut.
You are one dimensional bud, you really are. Just being real.

"I'm trying takedowns OVER and OVER and getting knocked out by an upper cut."

Of course that's going to happen, you're spamming takedowns and NOT ADAPTING. Again, you're wanting to be spoon fed and have them change the gameplay to what YOU want when in all reality it's actually pretty good the way it is.

Learn the sways/movement, actually LEARN to set them up instead of making it so obvious to what your plan is. Other people are doing fine and it's working for them. You're basically saying hey guys, I am playing like a little ***** and refuse to learn anything else and just want to grab people..........

That is as real as it gets, I'd say that's pretty realistic since you're choosing to do the same thing over and over and not change anything.

Last edited by No Love; 01-24-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:39 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
lol. i tried to see how they would work. Holy **** you can’t chain takedowns at all. There is such a pause when trying a takedown after you get hit and it just never responds. Also i’m using a 1ms monitor but damn it feels like i can’t shoot when i want to.

Damnit!! This was one of my biggest beta issues.
Try to shoot, awkwardly stand there and eat a few shots.
You can't chain TDs off sways, strikes or lunges in the beta, so you basically had to shoot naked, and its too risky, we need TD setup combos.

GPDs already stated its because the "New" striking system doesn't intermix with the "old" clinch and ground system, and that they need to "bridge" them, which I assume means make the other two aspects of the sport as playable as the striking.

I love the standup, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna use Demian Maia here and there, but if he can't shoot consistently or reliably, then I can't use him in a competitive setting otherwise I'm basically handicapping myself.

I think TDs being so awkward will encourage clinch spam, as that is a safer way to get a TD now, now that Over under cage is in the game, my whole plan with groundfighters, wrestlers, will be pressure opponent to cage-O/U-TD.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

No Love guy above obviously hasn't played the game.

Whether you like Bigg's style or not-

You CANT sway into takedowns anymore.
You CANT strike into takedowns either.

There is literally no way to set up takedowns anymore, without clinching first.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
No Love above obviously hasn't played the game.

Whether you like Bigg's style or not-

You CANT sway into takedowns anymore.
You CANT strike into takedowns either.

There is literally no way to set up takedowns anymore, without clinching first.
I'm playing it right now and am facing the top 6 in Quick Match aka the new Rivalries mode and it's fine. You're just as one dimensional I'm sure bud. They have no issues and are starching big cee.......so yeah......

Keep having that same one dimensional style and yeah, of course you guys will be getting knocked out left and right. What's so hard about learning the stand up and getting a rock that drops your opponent maybe, then from there going into their guard which is what you want after all?

Oh, you refuse to learn the stand up and get good at it, that's the problem. I just seen another clip of you playing foolishly and you got knocked again......... it's literally no ones fault but his own.

Yeah, lets just please cater to this guy and 5 others and make it super easy to get takedowns and what not, totally. Because they refuse to learn the rest of the game and take the time to understand it, just spoon feed them, why not right?

Last edited by No Love; 01-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Love
I'm playing it right now and am facing the top 6 in Quick Match aka the new Rivalries mode and it's fine. You're just as one dimensional I'm sure bud. They have no issues and are starching big cee.......so yeah......
You're flat wrong. Plain and simple.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Love
You are one dimensional bud, you really are. Just being real.

"I'm trying takedowns OVER and OVER and getting knocked out by an upper cut."

Of course that's going to happen, you're spamming takedowns and NOT ADAPTING. Again, you're wanting to be spoon fed and have them change the gameplay to what YOU want when in all reality it's actually pretty good the way it is.

Learn the sways/movement, actually LEARN to set them up instead of making it so obvious to what your plan is. Other people are doing fine and it's working for them. You're basically saying hey guys, I am playing like a little ***** and refuse to learn anything else and just want to grab people..........

That is as real as it gets, I'd say that's pretty realistic since you're choosing to do the same thing over and over and not change anything.
Dude, do you always attack people for posting about the ground game? This is about the 4th thread I've seen you in saying "You needa git gud and stop whining, spoon-feeder" but not providing one actual bit of advice to do so..

You say use the sways/movement to setup TDs, you say to do it realistically.. yet, our point is that you CANT sway to setup TDs, you CAN'T set them up in combos or level changes, and thus you CAN'T use them realistically.

You need to start getting the facts together before coming out with some big angry post that doesn't help or fix anything.

I agree that spamming TDs is a great way to get KO'd, that's fact. But your rant on how he could do it better or what he is doing wrong is just.. wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Dude, do you always attack people for posting about the ground game? This is about the 4th thread I've seen you in saying "You needa git gud and stop whining, spoon-feeder" but not providing one actual bit of advice to do so..

You say use the sways/movement to setup TDs, you say to do it realistically.. yet, our point is that you CANT sway to setup TDs, you CAN'T set them up in combos or level changes, and thus you CAN'T use them realistically.

You need to start getting the facts together before coming out with some big angry post that doesn't help or fix anything.

I agree that spamming TDs is a great way to get KO'd, that's fact. But your rant on how he could do it better or what he is doing wrong is just.. wrong.
The top 3 players are having NO issue getting takedowns, it's not my fault you guys want to spoon feed him.

My advice bud? It's pretty clear and simple, but apparently you guys don't get that.

STOP SHOOTING FOR TAKEDOWNS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND MAKING IT SO OBLIVIOUS AND OBVIOUS! How much clearer can that get for ya? I figured it would be common sense but apparently not, which clearly shows if someone has no other plan other than to keep attempting to grab someone, then yeah, that is THEIR own fault. It does NOT mean it's broken or messed up.

Just because some of you guys have trouble getting takedowns doesn't mean everyone else does. Because the top 4 guys right now on xbox can get them easily............... Clearly they have a better understanding and from what I've seen, they aren't just constantly shooting for takedowns and making them so obvious.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »