Home

Thoughts after playing through career mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts after playing through career mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts after playing through career mode

I think the replayability is good if you pick a CAF with another style and go to different gyms early on. I didn't really do that, yet. It's just a theory. I think going for the same gym at the beginning would be a bit boring, but going through a different path of gyms should be nice.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:56 PM   #10
Banned

I read a review of it on Reddit that said kind of the opposite of all this, so I guess it's different strokes. I think I'll enjoy it when I get to it, but I'm sure there's going to be issues that need addressed, like there is in any game. One of those things you're not really able to gauge until the game is released and the playerbase is playing through it themselves.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #11
Rookie

WatchMeDrive's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think the replayability is good if you pick a CAF with another style and go to different gyms early on. I didn't really do that, yet. It's just a theory. I think going for the same gym at the beginning would be a bit boring, but going through a different path of gyms should be nice.

Yeah, hopefully it doesn't end being a dead game mode once you've beaten it.

I've seen a few posts over on Reddit complaining about the Career having huge difficulty spikes later on in your career. Does this complaint hold any weight at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 12:24 AM   #12
Pro

I noticed in the beta, submissions were almost impossible to get out of. Even on normal difficulty the AI was crazy. Dont know if its change either, but having the AI on its back was a joke.. vs Khabib on pro, I could hold Khabib down for 5mins with ease. Itd spam transitions, even with no stamina, and almost always the same way. But if I let him get on top, I was screwed. Deny everything, fakes didnt work. Eventually itd go for a sub and even with full stam I could barely move the gates or get a side half full...
Old 01-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #13
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
I noticed in the beta, submissions were almost impossible to get out of. Even on normal difficulty the AI was crazy. Dont know if its change either, but having the AI on its back was a joke.. vs Khabib on pro, I could hold Khabib down for 5mins with ease. Itd spam transitions, even with no stamina, and almost always the same way. But if I let him get on top, I was screwed. Deny everything, fakes didnt work. Eventually itd go for a sub and even with full stam I could barely move the gates or get a side half full...
Subs are still next to impossible to get out of,even on normal. I don't really understand why,except that the CPU hits the left stick direction like the exact millisecond that it pops up on my screen. Only way I've been able to escape is that I flick the left stick in the right direction based on sheer luck
Old 01-26-2018, 02:19 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide1980
Subs are still next to impossible to get out of,even on normal. I don't really understand why,except that the CPU hits the left stick direction like the exact millisecond that it pops up on my screen. Only way I've been able to escape is that I flick the left stick in the right direction based on sheer luck
I am playing on normal and picked a striker with nearly no groundgame and I already submitted like 4 people in 8 fights and escaped every submission. BUT I'm playing with the simplified/easy submission system, so just button mashing. Not tried the normal gate-submissions.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:33 AM   #15
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

I've been tempted to try the button submissions,haven't given in yet,but if my frustration level keeps rising I may lol. Side note: I can submit the CPU with traditional submissions no problem,just can't escape them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 02:38 AM   #16
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

I basically just posted a similar thread, albeit mine was more just complaining.

The progression in career is awful. I'm fighting Ngannou and I don't even have a single stat that's higher than 80. What gives? There's no way I could have possibly trained myself to be comparable by this point.

That is not how **** works in real life. You don't just end up in the UFC and you're still terrible. Just like how I always hated the Madden games making you start off awful. How did I even get to the combine if I'm slow and can't throw? How did I make it to the UFC if I'm slow and can't fight?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »