Old 01-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Reversals

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
That's what I always thought.
LB was like advanced grapple maneuvers.

Besides, half the stuff I'm having trouble reversing is basic transition from full to half guard type stuff. Single collar to Thai type stuff. That shouldn't require anything more than RT and the direction, which I know I'm doing. I have 1000+ hours in the last game, I know how reversals work.
This isn't a problem I had in the beta, nor have I seen it in any gameplay I've seen of the full game, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:09 AM   #10
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
This isn't a problem I had in the beta, nor have I seen it in any gameplay I've seen of the full game, I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah I'm having this every single fight.
It's got me gunshy to even grapple with people when I used to be fairly good at the grappling.

I can't tell you how many reversals I'm missing with the stick already in that direction. Saying out loud to people what's about to happen and then still failing to reverse it.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Yeah I'm having this every single fight.
It's got me gunshy to even grapple with people when I used to be fairly good at the grappling.

I can't tell you how many reversals I'm missing with the stick already in that direction. Saying out loud to people what's about to happen and then still failing to reverse it.
This isn't an issue I had in the beta, so I hope they haven't done some crazy change, but it kinda sounds like it..

I have barely seen any denials/reversals or sweeps in any of the gameplay I've watched, I think, 1 in about 8 streams I watched, contained something other than both guys wildly transitioning.

Maybe they sucked at the ground game, but highly doubt it for atleast half of the streamers I watched.

This has me slightly concerned. I'm sure it'll get fixed if it is an issue, though.

If your playing offline maybe try custom fight now and tone down yhe grappling sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #12
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
This isn't an issue I had in the beta, so I hope they haven't done some crazy change, but it kinda sounds like it..

I have barely seen any denials/reversals or sweeps in any of the gameplay I've watched, I think, 1 in about 8 streams I watched, contained something other than both guys wildly transitioning.

Maybe they sucked at the ground game, but highly doubt it for atleast half of the streamers I watched.

This has me slightly concerned. I'm sure it'll get fixed if it is an issue, though.

If your playing offline maybe try custom fight now and tone down yhe grappling sliders.
My trial ran out so I'll have to get back at it again Tuesday.

I have no idea what was up because it was consistent even when I played against a friend. Most prominently in career though, I'm guessing it must have something to do with some stat but man. I have decent ground defense on my career character, I play as characters with good grappling in fight now. I don't know why it's this difficult to block stuff, I get taken down it's almost always over. Especially if they put me in a sub, but that's a whole different issue.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #13
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

TD reversals have been move to LT + RT to fix some conflicts with some of the new inputs.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had to dig up the information.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #14
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
TD reversals have been move to LT + RT to fix some conflicts with some of the new inputs.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had to dig up the information.
I had a game breaking freezing glitch with The Relaxed Guy when i used that reversal on him and got him to the ground. All his stamina drained away and we just got stuck in mid air.

We froze and stuck together like UFC 2 first had when that game dropped. It was during ranked championships.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I had a game breaking freezing glitch with The Relaxed Guy when i used that reversal on him and got him to the ground. All his stamina drained away and we just got stuck in mid air.

We froze and stuck together like UFC 2 first had when that game dropped. It was during ranked championships.
PM me a video if you have one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

By takedown reversals you mean takedown deny?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »