Home

Problem with movement.

This is a discussion on Problem with movement. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Problem with movement.

Most of the clips there are fights i had with people on the discord server. Good comunity there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Most of the clips there are fights i had with people on the discord server. Good comunity there.
So I watched half of the first round

Good news is your movement doesnt look too bad when you’re at a proper distance

Bad news is that you like to exhange toe to toe. That’s what’s getting you lit up. You’re practically standing on Lawler’s foot and trying to slip and brawl. That’s always gonna end bad. You gotta learn your fighter’s maximum range and either stand just at the end of it or one step away. Then you hit your opponent when they close distance and move. You cant just sit there and throw.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
So I watched half of the first round

Good news is your movement doesnt look too bad when you’re at a proper distance

Bad news is that you like to exhange toe to toe. That’s what’s getting you lit up. You’re practically standing on Lawler’s foot and trying to slip and brawl. That’s always gonna end bad. You gotta learn your fighter’s maximum range and either stand just at the end of it or one step away. Then you hit your opponent when they close distance and move. You cant just sit there and throw.
Yeah i start to brawl as imo i cant move out affectivly and get caught with things. Plus brawling is fun apart from the obscene amount kf rocks from uppercuts over that of hooks.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:33 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Yeah i start to brawl as imo i cant move out affectivly and get caught with things. Plus brawling is fun apart from the obscene amount kf rocks from uppercuts over that of hooks.
You cant move out because you’re too close when your opponent starts throwing

Think of footwork like a dance. To maintain proper distance you need to take a step back when they go forward. Or take two steps back and one laterally to not end up against the fence. Dont wait until they’re right in your face to get out of there.

There’s an art to great footwork. The game doesnt have it mastered but it’s in a great place.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:59 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
You cant move out because you’re too close when your opponent starts throwing

Think of footwork like a dance. To maintain proper distance you need to take a step back when they go forward. Or take two steps back and one laterally to not end up against the fence. Dont wait until they’re right in your face to get out of there.

There’s an art to great footwork. The game doesnt have it mastered but it’s in a great place.
Dances are preplanned, movement is not. Its reactive, mma is more like chess.

Am not waiting till there right in my face as thats counter initiative and taking one lunge or one step back just isnt far enough as everyone moves forward. I am not saying it is for everyone but most people hold forward and throw, while the defender blocks and moves back.

Now lunging back does create distance but not enough as you get caught still. I literally have tried holding block and marching forward thw hole time and you will see how easy it is to put them beside the fence. This is down to lumges being countered by hooks and kicks as they are not far enough sideways, and caught by straigh ounches and step in kicks going backwards.

The lunch mechanic is flawed as the most common use of lunges is step in jabs and other stikes then moving out. Max holloway does this perfectly but yoj cant on this game.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:09 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
You gotta learn your fighter’s maximum range and either stand just at the end of it or one step away. Then you hit your opponent when they close distance and move. You cant just sit there and throw.
This is what got me MUCH better at standup in UFC 2 and really helped in the beta. I would figure out the range that I wanted to strike at and constantly be right outside of that range. When I wanted to strike I would close the distance, but I wouldn't always throw when I did it which caused my opponents problems because I wasn't predictable.

In UFC 2 I noticed that most lesser opponents wait until you are stepping into effective range and try to get you to walk into a head kick, or chase you down and start throwing combos right as you hit striking range.

Moving in and out of range baits out bad kicks and gives you openings, and stepping in and out, sometimes throwing sometimes not gets your opponent gun-shy, blocking then they don't need to, and frees you up to do more of what you want. Mix up the number of strikes you throw in each exchange, start with different, mix in body shots/kicks and it opens up a lot.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:15 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Dances are preplanned, movement is not. Its reactive, mma is more like chess.

Am not waiting till there right in my face as thats counter initiative and taking one lunge or one step back just isnt far enough as everyone moves forward. I am not saying it is for everyone but most people hold forward and throw, while the defender blocks and moves back.

Now lunging back does create distance but not enough as you get caught still. I literally have tried holding block and marching forward thw hole time and you will see how easy it is to put them beside the fence. This is down to lumges being countered by hooks and kicks as they are not far enough sideways, and caught by straigh ounches and step in kicks going backwards.

The lunch mechanic is flawed as the most common use of lunges is step in jabs and other stikes then moving out. Max holloway does this perfectly but yoj cant on this game.
Lol bro dancing isnt scripted in most cases. When you go to a club most people are just doing their thing.

Anyway I’ve already said my piece and we disagree so best I can do is show you. We can spar next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 03:47 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Lol bro dancing isnt scripted in most cases. When you go to a club most people are just doing their thing.

Anyway I’ve already said my piece and we disagree so best I can do is show you. We can spar next week.
Yeah sure, dancing in a club is **** tho 😂

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »