Home

In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever.

This is a discussion on In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
True, I was going to mention that as well, though I think mount should be a slightly more prevalent/less dangerous position that is part of the entire ground progression.

Is crucifix available to all fighters in UFC 3? I don't think it was in UFC 2?
That's a good point. Forgot not everyone has crucifix.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Most ground finishes are submissions or GnP finishes after someone is hurt though. That's just how it is. GnP finishes happen but they're pretty rare these days. Often times an arm has to be trapped for them to get the finish.
True, I'm including subs in the overall threat of mount and I went for mount subs a lot in UFC 2 because they tended to be stronger from mount and I was pretty good at the submission mini-game.

Quote:
Fighters have more control in half guard so a lot of them don't even go for the mount. It's not just that they can't get the position. Postured up full mount is normally escaped.
True, was going to mention that as well. I kinda preferred half guard to mount in UFC 2 because it allowed body punches and arm locks that I liked more. I also prefer side control to mount in real life because I'm much better at holding side control and better at performing arm locks and am not as good at holding mount and going for mount chokes and armbars.

Quote:
Back mount should be a position that is utilised more in the game and by the sounds of what some people are saying... It will be.
I'm down with that.

Last edited by killakrok; 01-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
Only transition to HG if you have stamina advantage and GA.

Otherwise roll to your back, which is actually faster than it was in UFC2. Problem solved.
I forgot to say thank you for this tip. I started using this method last night and my success rate went way up. I'm actually glad back mount got a buff in this regard as I was one of the supporters for that idea. I wish they didn't do it at the expense of the shrimp transition though.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #60
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
True, I'm including subs in the overall threat of mount and I went for mount subs a lot in UFC 2 because they tended to be stronger from mount and I was pretty good at the submission mini-game.

True, was going to mention that as well. I kinda preferred half guard to mount in UFC 2 because it allowed body punches and arm locks that I liked more. I also prefer side control to mount in real life because I'm much better at holding side control and better at performing arm locks and am not as good at holding mount and going for mount chokes and armbars.

I'm down with that.
I'm not saying mount should be useless. You just shouldn't be in as much trouble as it put you in on UFC 2. It should also be very dependant on the fighter who has full mount. Someone who has good top control shouldn't necessarily be a full mount GnP machine.

For example... When GSP got you in full mount on UFC 2.... You were in serious trouble. How often have you seen GSP take someone down, get full mount, and finish the fight with GnP?
Old 01-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #61
Rookie

I definitely respect everyone's opinion on this , but...

Personally I still think these positions should be terribly powerful.

You should be VERY concerned if you end up in them. Yes it will frustrate people new to the game. But if you want to fight, you will learn how to block transitions which put you in this position unless you have increased your skill to a point that you can somehow be effective from there. Or arguably more importantly, not get taken to the ground in the first place if ground transition denials is a problem you can't overcome.

From my perspective you have a number of opportunities to avoid this scenario, and it all starts with being absolutely sure you control where/how the fight takes place. Even then you can do a number of things to thwart these most dominant positions. Then still as a last ditched effort there is some chance you can still fight back from it.

I feel it should stay a very bad place to be. In addition I feel the back mount should be similarly if not even more dangerous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #62
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

It should be very dangerous. No doubt. If you stay there. It just shouldn't be too difficult to escape. I'm not sure how postured up full mount is right now but I'd hope it's not that difficult to get out of.

I mean how many fights can you guys name that have happened recently where a guy takes a guy down, achieves full mount, and gets the GnP finish? Cause I really can't think of any right now.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #63
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I honestly had no issue with how long it took to finish someone in full mount in the beta. This was one of the few times I took advantage of the full mount in the beta and I actually liked needing more than just a few shots before the fight would end because it was more realistic. You should have to work for that finish if we want sim game play.

The block did last long but there's no other defense implemented in the game right now besides covering up...no sway, no parry, no wrist or arm control, no fighters that can put there legs over the dom fighters arms if they have that ability irl as we've also seen in many occasions. So the block is all you have so should be a little strong to make up for all the ways we can't avoid full mount GnP used irl MMA.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I honestly had no issue with how long it took to finish someone in full mount in the beta.

Diaz lasted pretty long blocking and never attempted to transition out while having full GA the entire time.

I'd like to see what would have happened if he tried to escape with full GA, but what you see in the video looks just fine by my opinion given the fact that had multiple opportunities to transition out with full grapple advantage and never tried.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »