Home

Too many health events/ rocks

This is a discussion on Too many health events/ rocks within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too many health events/ rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
If you're talking about the video you posted earlier in the thread, the Masvidal player lets him off the hook a lot by doing a bad job of breaking the block and not jumping on knockdowns.
I get what youre saying but think of it like this
When was the last time you saw a guy get cracked with a punch, get wobbly and shaky legs and recover, 25 times in the same fight?!?!
If you get tagged up this much, you should just be kod clean regardless of if your block was broken or not
Think about that ,recovering from wobbly legs or worse 25 times
Its way too much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by port913
I get what youre saying but think of it like this
When was the last time you saw a guy get cracked with a punch, get wobbly and shaky legs and recover, 25 times in the same fight?!?!
If you get tagged up this much, you should just be kod clean regardless of if your block was broken or not
Think about that ,recovering from wobbly legs or worse 25 times
Its way too much
Never, because the fighter would jump on them effectively and put them away, which is not what that guy did. Complaining about the fight not being finished when the guy is being presented to you on a platter to be finished about 3 or 4 times is just stupid to me.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:02 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Never, because the fighter would jump on them effectively and put them away, which is not what that guy did. Complaining about the fight not being finished when the guy is being presented to you on a platter to be finished about 3 or 4 times is just stupid to me.
So if someone was fighting like mcgregor in the 2nd diaz fight that doesnt want to engage in the ground
Do you think in real life his opponet will be able to recover that many times and not get knocked out before? Even if he doesnt break block or jump on him
Do you think there is a person out there that can be rocked 25 times before being completly finished?
Old 01-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by port913
So if someone was fighting like mcgregor in the 2nd diaz fight that doesnt want to engage in the ground
Do you think in real life his opponet will be able to recover that many times and not get knocked out before? Even if he doesnt break block or jump on him
Do you think there is a person out there that can be rocked 25 times before being completly finished?
At what point did Diaz curl up in the fetal position in that fight? Not wanting to jump into someones guard is very different to not jumping on a dude who's flat on his back or curled up in a ball.

And my point is that complaining about this fight not being stopped, while opportunities to finish it were being passed up regularly is absurd to me. That fight wasn't stopped because Masvidal didn't finish it. Like, clean knockouts are possible, and there very well might be a dude who can survive 25 rocks if the guy he's fighting lets him, which is what happened in that fight to me.

Edit: And to talk more about that specific example fight, the Masvidal player stops throwing as soon as Diaz blocks half the time. I don't understand how you can watch that fight, see how the guy is playing and then think there's some massive issue with rocks/health system.

Last edited by Nugget7211; 01-27-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #45
MVP

Yaari's Arena

There are definitely too many rocks. And the inevitable KO feels very forced when it does happen. Like, now you've been rocked so much, you have to go out now. I don't know, beta felt different. Not sure if anything changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #46
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
There are definitely too many rocks. And the inevitable KO feels very forced when it does happen. Like, now you've been rocked so much, you have to go out now. I don't know, beta felt different. Not sure if anything changed.
Nothing changed.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
This is something that we should wait a while before kicking up a fuss about. It's going to take a while for people to adjust to the new damage system and get used to the new block breaking and develop their defensive footwork and head movement.

The only thing that seems to be actually broken is the weird pause you get jumping on people with the less severe knockdown types, which would help prevent the 7 knockdowns before a stoppage that we sometimes see.
I am inclined to agree with this, and Solids post a few above it.

With that said, I've had rock free 5 rounders, and 3 rounders that were just Gatheje v Alvarez.
I think a slight issue with rocks in particular is how obvious they are, your stumbling heavily, health meters flashing, so you can't hide it at all.

Whereas in real life, its not the uncommon to see someone eat a HARD shot, get hurt, and maintain enough composure so that their opponent doesn't actually realize they've got them hurt and the action slows down during the rock, instead of peaking.

I've also seen a LOT of fights where people are letting their opponents up after each KD and not engaging on the ground, I imagine that would up your KD count a lot.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #48
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I am inclined to agree with this, and Solids post a few above it.

With that said, I've had rock free 5 rounders, and 3 rounders that were just Gatheje v Alvarez.
I think a slight issue with rocks in particular is how obvious they are, your stumbling heavily, health meters flashing, so you can't hide it at all.

Whereas in real life, its not the uncommon to see someone eat a HARD shot, get hurt, and maintain enough composure so that their opponent doesn't actually realize they've got them hurt and the action slows down during the rock, instead of peaking.

I've also seen a LOT of fights where people are letting their opponents up after each KD and not engaging on the ground, I imagine that would up your KD count a lot.
I think this is a very fair critique.

I feel the same, that the number of rocks in the game matches real life quite realistically.

The visual severity being the same across the board does not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »