Home

GameDevs, wrestling is one the most important aspects of MMA

This is a discussion on GameDevs, wrestling is one the most important aspects of MMA within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 05:06 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: GameDevs, wrestling is one the most important aspects of MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I feel like a lot of people are complaining but havent fully put in the time to learn the nuances of the game yet.
That's the problem this game's been having since EAUFC2. There is no way to learn this unless you come across it by mistake. MMA logic can only get you so far as not all logical actions and bonuses aren't represented in the game.

Ducking down before a takedown makes sense, but it could've been useless too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoooji
Also, at the time of UFC released in Dreamcast, there was a movement to take down even if the take down failed.
That game was so awesome. The double takedown was quite overpowered, but it was a nice option to have. It already had a lot of options and features for its time (2000), and the graphics were sweet.

Last edited by Blackman316; 01-29-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

are the new power takedowns harder to defend?
Old 01-30-2018, 12:16 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I agree 100%. From what I understand, game devs are working on uniting striking combos with grappling, and that update can’t come soon enough (if it comes at all).

Also, I would love to see chain wrestling introduced into the game. Adding that and fixing the clinch to make it less clunky would round out the game.

While the improvements to striking are amazing, they ultimately shed light on the downfalls of the grappling mechanics.

Edit: I also think EA can one-up THQ in the grappling department. The first step would be intertwining takedowns with the clinch (have this event occur more often when TD is defended in the middle of the window) and also adding different and follow-on “grappling on the feet” animations when takedowns are defended late in the TDD window. Also, incorporating grappling against the cage more often wouldn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Has anybody played with the sliders to see if these imperfections can be tuned. If they can then maybe that could give the devs information for patches. I'm sure that they can add the timing affects what animation on gets through patches.

XBGT: Jodie McGregor
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »