Home

How much are you planning on spending in Ultimate Team (UT) ?

This is a discussion on How much are you planning on spending in Ultimate Team (UT) ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #9
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How much are you planning on spending in Ultimate Team (UT) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How about you respect someone's right to do with their money what they would like.

I hate microtransactions in gaming. I really do.

But what I hate more is people trying to bully others into their line of thinking.

He can enjoy the game the way he wants to, you can enjoy the game the way you want to.

It's really pretty simple.
Reading my post again, i now see i got a bit out of line, by assuming things and being a bit too aggressive by throwing shade towards the OP and i'll apologize for that. I should have known better, attacking someone is not the most effective way of changing their mind... I got a bit out of hand there and thanks for calling me out on that, but i don't really consider what i did to be bullying, It was poor of me the way i handled it nonetheless...

I don't see how i disrespected his right to do with his money as he pleases? Did i disrespect his opinion of what he plans on doing with his money? Absolutely, because I disagree with him, but at the end of the day, if he still wants to spend his money I won't be there to stop him and that was never my intention.

I am just expressing my opinion on why I think what he is doing, is a negative thing. I tried explaining to him the reasons why i think he is being scammed and taken advantage off, but at the same time, some of the reasoning methods & kind of ad-hominen attacks i used was of poor choice and that's all apologize for.

I got a bit butthurt when typing that and not fully thinking it through, which is why people shouldn't always take faceless conversations over the internet too seriously...
Old 01-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Reading my post again, i now see i got a bit out of line, by assuming things and being a bit too aggressive by throwing shade towards the OP and i'll apologize for that. I should have known better, attacking someone is not the most effective way of changing their mind... I got a bit out of hand there and thanks for calling me out on that, but i don't really consider what i did to be bullying, It was poor of me the way i handled it nonetheless...

I don't see how i disrespected his right to do with his money as he pleases? Did i disrespect his opinion of what he plans on doing with his money? Absolutely, because I disagree with him, but at the end of the day, if he still wants to spend his money I won't be there to stop him and that was never my intention.

I am just expressing my opinion on why I think what he is doing, is a negative thing. I tried explaining to him the reasons why i think he is being scammed and taken advantage off, but at the same time, some of the reasoning methods & kind of ad-hominen attacks i used was of poor choice and that's all apologize for.

I got a bit butthurt when typing that and not fully thinking it through, which is why people shouldn't always take faceless conversations over the internet too seriously...
It's completely okay to disrespect someone's opinion. I do it all the time as people here have started noticing. You have nothing to apologize for. People are so attached to their opinions that any attack on them feels like an attack on the person.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
It's completely okay to disrespect someone's opinion. I do it all the time as people here have started noticing. You have nothing to apologize for. People are so attached to their opinions that any attack on them feels like an attack on the person.
I understand, it's okay to disagree with someone , but at the same time i typed a lot of crap that weren't facts/logic based arguements, but rather criticizing OP's character , instead of the OP's actions/opinions, which was uncalled for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Nope.

It's not okay to disrespect or downright insult anothers opinion.

You've always done a good job at giving an argument for your stance and arguing points behind it.

Don't mistake that as being allowed to disrespect anyone here. I hope that isn't what you meant but it will not be tolerated here.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejahamps
None, I refuse to support microtransactions in games. I urge you to do the same.
Double ditto x10.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Nope.

It's not okay to disrespect or downright insult anothers opinion.

You've always done a good job at giving an argument for your stance and arguing points behind it.

Don't mistake that as being allowed to disrespect anyone here. I hope that isn't what you meant but it will not be tolerated here.
I didn't explain that very well. Insulting=/=Disrespecting in my judgement. There are opinions you understand where they're coming from and respect and those that are just based in ignorance or simply don't align with your personal code that may even disgust you. Rereading the his post I do see where he was walking pretty close to the line at the least, but I don't think he was meaning to attack the OP directly.

Basically, you don't have to always like what someone says and it's okay to be passionate about it as long as you don't direct it at the actual person.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #15
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I really wish Loot Packs & etc were only for cosmetic items instead of increasing your in-game abilities. I think it would be fair for a lot of fans and companies, but hopefully companies will stay away from the Star Wars strategy especially with all the uproar even from government side. I probably only put in about an extra $50 in UFC 2's UT and I'm definitely not spending more than that again if I get into this year. I really don't like the addition of real fighter skins and needing to get CAF slots nor do I like expiration of moves and all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 08:07 PM   #16

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I didn't explain that very well. Insulting=/=Disrespecting in my judgement. There are opinions you understand where they're coming from and respect and those that are just based in ignorance or simply don't align with your personal code that may even disgust you. Rereading the his post I do see where he was walking pretty close to the line at the least, but I don't think he was meaning to attack the OP directly.

Basically, you don't have to always like what someone says and it's okay to be passionate about it as long as you don't direct it at the actual person.
Agreed for the most part.

For the sake of conversation, let's just leave anything insulting out though.

Quite frankly, there is no need to be a dick and call someone out for wanting to enjoy a mode that you may not enjoy yourself.

It's really pretty simple.

Last edited by kehlis; 01-28-2018 at 08:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »