Home

Taunting vulnerability is insane

This is a discussion on Taunting vulnerability is insane within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Taunting vulnerability is insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
It would but the problem is you can't do it effectively. Like you have to stop the taunt midway. And taking a bunch of steps back and hitting the taunt button, to then stop mid taunt because the opponent comes forward does not make me feel badass. It makes me feel like a bitch lol.

What would help is having more control of movement while taunting. You have to stand still while doing it. That's the main problem actually. There's also a reason Condit doesn't just bolt forward when Nick taunts him... It's because Nick is ready to pop him in the face.

If I could do this my life would be made...

At an individual fighter level, the Diaz's should have better taunts with less vulnerability than everyone else IMO (maybe throw Holloway in too, but he already has his thing), I'm just speaking for game wide, as a whole, for 99% of the roster, I'm much happier with the taunting in UFC 3
Old 01-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #34
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
At an individual fighter level, the Diaz's should have better taunts with less vulnerability than everyone else IMO (maybe throw Holloway in too, but he already has his thing), I'm just speaking for game wide, as a whole, for 99% of the roster, I'm much happier with the taunting in UFC 3
I'd be okay with that too. Making people who often have the composure to taunt and who do less vulnerable. You could throw Cody in too. That would make those fighters feel unique and have their personalities come alive as you'd know whenever you face those guys there's a good chance you'll get some ******* taunting you lol

And no, I don't mean UFC 2 vulnerable. Just quite a good amount less.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I'd be okay with that too. Making people who often have the composure to taunt and who do less vulnerable. You could throw Cody in too. That would make those fighters feel unique and have their personalities come alive as you'd know whenever you face those guys there's a good chance you'll get some ******* taunting you lol
Honestly, Cody's dancing should have vulnerability, dude is not in position to take a shot haha

I basically want people to be punished for taunting with guys like Aldo and encouraged (or at least discouraged less) to do it with the Diaz's and McGregor. Fighter uniqueness is a huge thing for me, even online, although I understand that there'll be limits to what they can force/encourage people to do online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #36
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJqwu2Bfq1A
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #37
Rookie

It is what it is if your not fast enough to slip the punch.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #38
MVP

I've seen people effectively use taunts and slide out of the way to counter, it can be used offensively.

I'm okay with the risks, and this is coming from someone who's a massive taunter. It's always beautiful to see and it makes taunting an earned thing.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:26 PM   #39
Pro

Taunting is dangerous it got me K'd with the 1st strike of the fight. But I've also put people away taunting me like this one here. I came across the octagon on him while he was taunting lol.

Spoiler

Replay Different Camera Angle
Spoiler
Old 01-29-2018, 11:45 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
Taunting is dangerous it got me K'd with the 1st strike of the fight. But I've also put people away taunting me like this one here. I came across the octagon on him while he was taunting lol.

Spoiler

Replay Different Camera Angle
Spoiler
LOL nice KO. Quick question, how do you sprint?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »