Home

Why arent people punished for throwing 150 strikes per round?

This is a discussion on Why arent people punished for throwing 150 strikes per round? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #57
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why arent people punished for throwing 150 strikes per round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
There’s no reason to even fear a dangerous grappler in this game.

Ughhhh... I can’t describe the disgust i’m feeling for the game.

I get you want ppl to play with the new striking mechanics, but nerfing the ground game this horrid it’s just not right and not fun at all.

5 Round title fights for grapplers facing a striker are pretty much impossible to win with the way this ridiculous stamina drain is.

Then watching the next round go and seeing the guy who i have been dominating for 3 rounds or 5 rounds on the ground having more stamina then me by a lot.

It’s a damn joke!!!!
That's bologna - Werdum is an absolute nightmare on the mats even when I'm Big Nog. I've subbed people with full stamina as well many times as a hail mary attempt.

It's possible my friend. The mini game just has a bit more to it.

Now if we're talking the scumbags that constantly come forward throwing 1-2 to the body then mix in hooks and uppers to the head you got me.

Big reason why I'm 14-9 so far.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I obviously can't say for sure but it also feels like instead of the new striking system being incorporated into the existing game, it was created in isolation, added to the game, and patched together where striking and grappling interact.

This may explain why the grappling and ground game seems so gimped in comparison to the new striking system, and could be the reason why he have things like two separate stamina pools for standing and grappling, no combos that mix striking and grappling, input issues with takedowns, and damage on the ground not effecting stamina on the feet.

No matter what the implementation, if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. Just thinking out loud.
Def agree with a lot of this but the Devs are working on a lot of this stuff already.

Grappling did get a huge overall lady game while striking didnt see many changes.

I just dont get the hate for the stamina changes. You can actually gas while grappling now which is awesome
Old 01-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Def agree with a lot of this but the Devs are working on a lot of this stuff already.

Grappling did get a huge overall lady game while striking didnt see many changes.

I just dont get the hate for the stamina changes. You can actually gas while grappling now which is awesome
My problem is that you gas too quickly on the ground, like if you have 1 back and forth grappling round, both guys come out for the next round completely gassed most of the time. I do like that grappling is tiring now, but I think they went too far with it.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
My problem is that you gas too quickly on the ground, like if you have 1 back and forth grappling round, both guys come out for the next round completely gassed most of the time. I do like that grappling is tiring now, but I think they went too far with it.
You have to pace yourself when grappling now as well...

I think that’s fair. Only guys with super high grappling stamina should be able to go at a high pace when grappling imo.

It forces you to play to your fighter’s strength.

And us the stamina regen is still pretty large so you get a lot of it back after the first couple of rounds
Old 01-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:

I think that’s fair. Only guys with super high grappling stamina should be able to go at a high pace when grappling imo.

And us the stamina regen is still pretty large so you get a lot of it back after the first couple of rounds
See, I don't think it's pacing yourself that this forces. Because what's causing the drain is your opponent denying your transitions, all this encourages is extremely static grappling. It encourages getting to half guard or mount or whatever and just clinging to that position for dear life, because if you get denied like 5 times trying to get to crucifix or something else you'll lose half your stamina.

I really like the idea of the stamina drain because obviously it should tax your stamina, I just think it's a little overboard. But who knows, maybe in a week my style will change and I'll be fine with it, idk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 02:40 PM   #62
Pro

The issue is the new striking system in UFC 3 is different from the rest of the game, basically UFC 2. There is a clear "wall" between the two systems and they're not seamless. This is what Big Cee is frustrated about.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #63
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:

Said it yesterday, will say it again. Frankie Edgar so gassed he can barely walk after 3 round of top control.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:50 PM   #64
Banned

Would a fair idea be having bottom denials take like 25% or 50% less stamina? That way top control is still rewarded.

I still think fakes shouldnt lose long term stamina when denied either. It’d encourage more fakes and make bottom more dangerous

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »