Home

Why does flattening someone in Back Mount drain YOUR Stamina

This is a discussion on Why does flattening someone in Back Mount drain YOUR Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why does flattening someone in Back Mount drain YOUR Stamina

You can do next to no damage in back flat in this game against even a somewhat competent opponent from my experience, it's way too easy to absorb strikes with your block or just flip over to top mount or half guard ( advanced transition )
Old 02-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Wink Re: Why does flattening someone in Back Mount drain YOUR Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
You can do next to no damage in back flat in this game against even a somewhat competent opponent from my experience, it's way too easy to absorb strikes with your block or just flip over to top mount or half guard ( advanced transition )
Sometimes I use postured down strikes to stop opponent from spinning to mount, but it looks and feels kind of wonky.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sometimes I use postured down strikes to stop opponent from spinning to mount, but it looks and feels kind of wonky.
Yeah, that's the only way to stop them too, if you actually defend the transition, it puts them in mount anyway, which is where they were trying to go anyway. It's weird as hell how hard it is to hold back mount or back flat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
There could be tweaks or trade off to give them the rewarding feeling they should have.

Like Back Mount postured - lower the stamina drain to the top player dramatically but lower the transition time for the person on bottom to turn over and slightly lower the denials-interrupts

Or Single Collar - increase the punching power substantially but lower the break transition speed substantially

You can still have give and take and give the positions and strikes the proper reflection of real life without breaking the game.
Good ideas.

I would like to see it implemented in some way through patches.

There should be few more advanced transitions to and from back. Like back sitting to back mount, single collar & over/under to back. Or more entries from top position to back like Maia on Condit.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #37
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I remember what the fighter said now.

We were capturing the strikes and we usually get them to throw like 5 in a row so we have a few to choose from.

He said there's no way he would throw more than 2 or 3 in a row before resetting back to postured down in a fight because of how taxing holding that position was.

So the stamina management game was introduced to emulate that aspect (forcing the attacker to reset between strikes) and to keep the position from being OP.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #38
MVP

That position is hard to hold, but the strikes should be bit more damaging and faster.

I think stamina should be more taxing on the ground and especially standing but the bottom guy has weight on him sapping energy and stamina requiring him to scramble to a better position.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #39
MVP

in real lif the guy on the bottom is moving trying to break your posture, keep that in mind
Old 02-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #40
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I remember what the fighter said now.

We were capturing the strikes and we usually get them to throw like 5 in a row so we have a few to choose from.

He said there's no way he would throw more than 2 or 3 in a row before resetting back to postured down in a fight because of how taxing holding that position was.

So the stamina management game was introduced to emulate that aspect (forcing the attacker to reset between strikes) and to keep the position from being OP.
I agree throwing strikes while postured is taxing but you get gassed, literally GASSED, in the game just from posturing with NO strikes.

That is my major beef with that particular section of the ground. I have other issues with the ground game and stamina and transition times but I'm holding judgement until further patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »