Home

GNP Flawed?!?!?

This is a discussion on GNP Flawed?!?!? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
GNP Flawed?!?!?

Why is it that once someone starts to hit me with a barrage of GNP strikes and I try to transition, block or ANYTHING to get out of this situation and Nothing works. I just ****ing freeze up in this animation that make me put my arms in above my head like an idiot when I'm trying to block or even transition. I lost matches were I would dominate but once someone postures up from different positions and just tees off my character freezes up. Is anyone else getting this ? Or am I doing something wrong ? It feels unresponsive and not fluid at all as people said it would be.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: GNP Flawed?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickeddMMA
Why is it that once someone starts to hit me with a barrage of GNP strikes and I try to transition, block or ANYTHING to get out of this situation and Nothing works. I just ****ing freeze up in this animation that make me put my arms in above my head like an idiot when I'm trying to block or even transition. I lost matches were I would dominate but once someone postures up from different positions and just tees off my character freezes up. Is anyone else getting this ? Or am I doing something wrong ? It feels unresponsive and not fluid at all as people said it would be.

Same , im fairly familiar with the ground controls , i was pretty good in ufc 2 but now i just wanna avoid the ground at all costs cause it feels like what you've said , unresponsive
Old 02-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd_krispy
Same , im fairly familiar with the ground controls , i was pretty good in ufc 2 but now i just wanna avoid the ground at all costs cause it feels like what you've said , unresponsive
I literally broke my controller raging because I keep losing once someone starts to GNP, unresponsive and cheap that even the cpu does it lol but in all seriousness this bs that this hasn't been talked about or touched (I lost my undefeated record on ranked and UT because of this bs). No ground sways no catch punches no options ,ur just locked up while getting your *** beat.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
I literally broke my controller raging because I keep losing once someone starts to GNP, unresponsive and cheap that even the cpu does it lol but in all seriousness this bs that this hasn't been talked about or touched (I lost my undefeated record on ranked and UT because of this bs). No ground sways no catch punches no options ,ur just locked up while getting your *** beat.

Idk if you played undisputed 3 before but i wish that the ground game would be more like that , it was so fluid and straight forward with denying and advancing position
Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd_krispy
Idk if you played undisputed 3 before but i wish that the ground game would be more like that , it was so fluid and straight forward with denying and advancing position
I have and I agree completely ,if they ufc undisputed 3 grappling in UFC3 then this game would be UNTOUCHABLE/perfect but rn the ground game is pissing me off. Its not that I'm bad ,I understand the grappling in this game but there's certain areas that feel unresponsive and it makes me so angry that I gotta deal with this ****. Hopefully UFC3 down the road fixes the ground game or for UFC 4 completely overhauls the grappling but rn I'm not playing this until something gets fixed. Its bs that someone can just GNP u while postured up and I just end up being locked up not being able to block or even transition.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

This!!!

I was using gus against a jones player, and after he realized that i have better striking, he started to go for clinch and takedowns, and i swear for one takedown he basically teleported from half an octagon, put me in half guard, postured up and began attacking the body, and after the first strike gus was already with his hands up like the fight was finished, and he managed to land about 4 or 5 more strikes before i could even block low
What the hell is this? The standup took awesome steps forward, but i swear the grappling got worse
As a guy who likes to play like an mma fighter and use everything from stand up to jujitsu, i simply doesnt want to go to the ground anymore
So frusturating!
Old 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I have and I agree completely ,if they ufc undisputed 3 grappling in UFC3 then this game would be UNTOUCHABLE/perfect but rn the ground game is pissing me off. Its not that I'm bad ,I understand the grappling in this game but there's certain areas that feel unresponsive and it makes me so angry that I gotta deal with this ****. Hopefully UFC3 down the road fixes the ground game or for UFC 4 completely overhauls the grappling but rn I'm not playing this until something gets fixed. Its bs that someone can just GNP u while postured up and I just end up being locked up not being able to block or even transition.

I get even more pissed when i fill my transition meter before they land a shot from full mount and nothing happens , trying for an armtrap is useless as well once u get hit you go into this defenseless state for a couple secs , **** the ground game , standup is amazing though
Old 02-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
Banned

It's easily explained you were fighting against Ground/Grappler guys. Their punches are quicker, their transition are faster and their denies are better.

The stand up is balanced and based on skill with almost no stats involved. But the ground game is all about stats and muscle memory. Still.

So it's basically day and night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »