Home

input lag!!!

This is a discussion on input lag!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: input lag!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Make sure your controller has the latest update and your TV is set to game mode
It is, I don't have problems with other games that require exact inputs, only this one, and it's really noticeable, just more noticeable online with input and server lag together. I feel like I'm playing in the past online.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #34
Banned

Has GPD commented on this issue and when it'll be fixed it's by far the worst of all flaws cause nothing works as it should.

Reversals.
Transitions.
Combos.
Sways.
Its almost like you have to guess the direction for head-movement. All messed up its like Russian Roulette atm lol
Old 02-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjesus
The input lag also messes up takedowns bad, sometimes the takedowns dont even register, I press the buttons and nothing happens
My god I thought I was going crazy with this.

I keep going to shoot takedowns when i see an opportunity only for my guy to stand there doing nothing, then the opportunity passes and my opponent tees off on my static fighters face. Incredibly frustrating! And even worse when you are rocked and try to score the takedown to kill time, only to get knocked out because your fighter stands on the spot doing nothing.

I like the idea of pre loading combinations in theory but it doesn't work in practice. In a fight you need to be reactive and work in the moment. You can't work in the moment when strikes are pre loaded.

If My opponent throws a jab I want to be able to counter with a hook over the top. Not pre load a hook on the hope that my opponent throws a jab. Or try and throw a hook to counter only for it to take 2 seconds and in the meantime my opponent has landed a combo.

Another issue I've found is being countered by a high kick due to the Input lag. I go to throw a jab, but by the time it's actualized I'm rocked by a head kick that I saw coming a mile away. This has ended so many fights now it's not even funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #36
MVP

I thought it was down to the combo system at first. Not to sure tho
Old 02-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #37
Banned

I get GPD's reasoning but no way am I going to agree this was the proper solution just cause I understand his pov. The striking is incredibly mechanical with this system. There needs to be consideration and discussion for a different solution.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #38
MVP

I experienced it today its a death sentence on the ground and clinch
Old 02-04-2018, 03:02 PM   #39
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

This thread concerns me. Considering striking was the big selling point of this game. I think I'm just going to pass on UFC 3 all together...
Old 02-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #40
Banned

It's so obvious I'm feeling the lag more and more. Especially for blocking I block so many head and leg kicks in time but it's not responding in time it's frustrating. Lag is not acceptable in such a game. Not to mention the ground massacre we need a patch ASAP guys.

Last edited by xFINISHxHIMx; 02-04-2018 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »