Home

Takedown-to-clinch animations

This is a discussion on Takedown-to-clinch animations within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Takedown-to-clinch animations

I agree with this, I don't know how much is possible to change about this but I hope they do something. These 2 animation were in the beta but I have yet to see them in the game. Has anybody?

https://imgur.com/b9sSNSM

Old 02-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson91
I agree with this, I don't know how much is possible to change about this but I hope they do something, Find_the_Door's idea sounds great. These 2 animation were in the beta but I have yet to see them in the game. Has anybody?

https://imgur.com/b9sSNSM

Those are the takedown against the cage animations, and yes they are in the game. But they don’t happen nearly as often as they do.

Those animations only occur when the takedown is defended late in the takedown window while the fighter is against the fence.

Myself and others have called for changing this, and having the takedown against the cage animation occur when a takedown is defended at all against the cage. Period. Gamedevs have been basically silent on the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #11
Rookie

After having more time with the game, I’m finding the input lag for the clinch and takedowns to be the most frustrating component. Try building a fighter around wrestling via the clinch and you will experience nothing but frustration because of the input lag. I’m constantly trying to engage in the clinch and 90% of the time getting denied or interrupted via strikes because my fighter stands there for at least a second before the controls are input. Takedowns also suffer input lag, but this isn’t as frustrating because the takedown animation covers more range allowing fighters to stand back at a less vulnerable range than when trying to clinch.

The ground game by itself is deep and I personally love the detail. But it too could use minor tweaks here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #12
Banned

I've gotten the takedown to clinch against cage a number of times, and it looks great. The TAKEDOWNS from that position look absurdly better than the base takedowns in the game, too. I just don't understand the devs philosophy behind this. Why put it in the game at all if it wasn't going to be part of an updated clinch/takedown system?

I'm getting really bored of the takedown/clinch game already. It looks so ugly and cartoonish compared to the striking. I would have really liked to see stamina play into the takedown/clinch game better. The Ngannou/Stipe fight is recent and a great example of how takedowns/clinch work in real life. There's two huge guys, Stipe spent the whole fight trying to take him down and mostly ended up in a clinch with him. And both guys were getting exhausted from it. In this game, if you're on 20% stamina, you can still power double leg Ngannou and his 275lbs into the air and dump him to the ground.

It would have been nice to see takedown animations to clinch that matched how tired your fighter is. It looks so goofy seeing a guy who on drained stamina just shoot in super fast, and hoist someone up for a takedown like it would if he had full stamina. This is something I really hope the Devs can work on for THIS game. Because this game is good, and adding updates like that would make it that much better, as opposed to making us wait two years.

I dare anyone to say the takedown game, at least the animations, aren't killing the momentum of the stand up for them. By that, I mean the immersion. It just feels like you're playing two different games. One that looks good and one that looks stupid.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #13
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe even use the cage stall animation sped up on late denials to give us double underhooks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »