Home

How are you dealing with unbalanced gameplay?

This is a discussion on How are you dealing with unbalanced gameplay? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How are you dealing with unbalanced gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
What is unbalanced? only problem i actually encounter is extreme forward pressure from almost every opponent throwing 5000 body uppercut overhand combos
That is the big problem, indeed.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
That is the big problem, indeed.
I try to counter it with sidesteps backsteps and uppercuts but the uppercuts miss when they are throwing bodyshots somehow then they rock me with overhands then continue body uppercuts. In all my fights i usually get knocked down 5-6 times and then win by luck with a minute or two left since they think they have the decision
Old 02-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
What's with all the GC hate?

They haven't played since the beta just like you guys.

And most of the top complaints right now didn't come up during the beta.
No hate GPD just disappointment these guys played and seen the game in early August I believe? That’s when martial posted a video reviewing how he felt about the game, so if it’s been since then, the beta, how are these major issues still in?
Old 02-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #20
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCFreak1220
No hate GPD just disappointment these guys played and seen the game in early August I believe? That’s when martial posted a video reviewing how he felt about the game, so if it’s been since then, the beta, how are these major issues still in?
None of these issues were caught in the beta because either no one had started using the exploits/cheese, or because they were hidden by some other problem.

I mean there wasn't a single post here during the beta complaining about sustained leans as an exploit.

Some times it takes more than a week for the problems to shake out.

Especially when everyone spent a lot of the time on the beta learning the basic controls.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
None of these issues were caught in the beta because either no one had started using the exploits/cheese, or because they were hidden by some other problem.

I mean there wasn't a single post here during the beta complaining about sustained leans as an exploit.

Some times it takes more than a week for the problems to shake out.

Especially when everyone spent a lot of the time on the beta learning the basic controls.
And if you dare argue this - you're a fool.
(Not directed at anyone in particular btw)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #22
MVP

We already knew what the combo spam in the beta. There was complaint about too many strikes with lack of stamina drain like diaz's case. combo speed and combo stamina issue. the body spam is not different at this point. It was meant to be... strikes has deal only when whiffed and evaded. That's the point.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #23
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
We already knew what the combo spam in the beta. There was complaint about too many strikes with lack of stamina drain like diaz's case. combo speed and combo stamina issue. the body spam is not different at this point. It was meant to be... strikes has deal only when whiffed and evaded. That's the point.
Diaz's stamina was nerfed and his 1-2 animation was slowed down.

The stamina nerf in particular is very pronounced compared to the beta.

We responded to all the feedback we got in the best way we thought possible given the information we had at the time.

Don't pretend this is a simple process.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #24
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
With takedowns being the way they are now I just stopped playing the game and haven't gone back yet.

Career is pretty boring, Ultimate Team is terrible, and I'm not even enjoying the game enough to just play fight now against the AI.

Finally someone courageous enough to be honest about the game sure there’s been changes with the striking , guys call it what it is , the game in its current condition is a hot mess The spamming that Al the exclusion of finish the fight, lag input etc... You need to change your whole game plan against the AI because of leg kicks checks , The instant knockouts from jabs no follow up for TKO scenarios , The super Aggressive AI , The game has potential but dear Lord so many glitched gameplay and overlooked issues , I don’t care if people say I’m hating but I was really looking forward to this game and to be honest I like the game but I don’t love it far from it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »