Home

Fighters don't retire in career mode...

This is a discussion on Fighters don't retire in career mode... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #9
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fighters don't retire in career mode...

Only problem me and many others have is that after you won the last title you end up fighting the same fighters over and over and those real fighters also end up with 100 ovrl in everything. Career mode needs to be more dynamic, have diffirent rivalries cht time you play career mode and not always the same like now. Have titles change hands instead of how it is now where a title never change hands and now like now where they stay champs for the entire career mode, it takes away immersion of career mode in a big way. I ended my last career and when i looked at the other weight classes belts never changed as example Cormier was still the champ at 68 years old and never lost his belt once. It's these little things that need to be made dynamic so rivalries are different each time you play career mode and so titles change hands dynamicly and so that in the end we dont end up fighting the same guys or girls over and over. I could deal with the age part as long as the dynamic part gets inserted into the game.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
Just started!

The career mode in this game is a complete joke. Same champions in every division for years. No ability to watch, or at least keep up with what is happening in the sport during my career. This would be like if you buy Madden and start franchise mode and can't see anything else happening in the league other than how the team I'm controlling is doing. It's just lazy and pathetic on every level.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlee
The career mode in this game is a complete joke. Same champions in every division for years. No ability to watch, or at least keep up with what is happening in the sport during my career. This would be like if you buy Madden and start franchise mode and can't see anything else happening in the league other than how the team I'm controlling is doing. It's just lazy and pathetic on every level.
In this day and age, there should be a online thing that constantly updates the champions to match them in real life. So, whenever you start career mode, the rankings are the same as they are in real life.

Don't fifa and the NHL series do this? Update the rosters in real time. Not sure how hard it is to implement though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Longevity should decrease as a function of age, and *stats* should decrease as a function of longevity. At some point, career mode should be a battle of whether you can train enough to overcome age/longevity and still be competitive against the up-and-coming fighters. There should be a moment where you realize you're past your prime -- where you lose the title, where you try to make a comeback run, and maybe where you are in the final stages in your career and opt for some "fun" fights against old, aging rivals.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #13
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywoj
Longevity should decrease as a function of age, and *stats* should decrease as a function of longevity. At some point, career mode should be a battle of whether you can train enough to overcome age/longevity and still be competitive against the up-and-coming fighters. There should be a moment where you realize you're past your prime -- where you lose the title, where you try to make a comeback run, and maybe where you are in the final stages in your career and opt for some "fun" fights against old, aging rivals.
This is the sort of depth I fear we'll never, ever see in a mainstream sports title. Not when the overwhelming majority just want to play head-to-head online.

It's why I have a hard time ripping UFC 3's career mode, which of course has its share of flaws. There's more to it than I expected. I like the direction it's heading - even if it's not all the way there yet.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
Rookie

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The career mode this time round was the most egregious mis-selling of a game mode ever.

They teased all the things we have been asking for, for years yet didn't deliver on a single one (trash talking, social media, weigh ins, press conferences).

I only want to see this game mode return if they accept that it is scripted and work in an immersive story mode similar to the one in FNC (Isaac Frost, prison fights etc.). Something scripted but creative.

Because let's face it. As it is, it is a glorified fight now mode.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The career mode this time round was the most egregious mis-selling of a game mode ever.

They teased all the things we have been asking for, for years yet didn't deliver on a single one (trash talking, social media, weigh ins, press conferences).

I only want to see this game mode return if they accept that it is scripted and work in an immersive story mode similar to the one in FNC (Isaac Frost, prison fights etc.). Something scripted but creative.

Because let's face it. As it is, it is a glorified fight now mode.
With a pretty decent stat and move development system. But yeah, there's not an ounce of meat on those bones. It's bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #16
Pro

LarsP's Arena

UFC 3's career mode is the worst out of the 3 UFC games we had, IMO. Not being able to see other fights on the cards and your own fight history is an extremely bad decision. The only influence you have is choosing which camp, I can't understand at all why they made so many bad decisions.

Honestly, I feel kind of insulted by Ea. Those video's showing everything that a lot of people had been asking for, which they knew. And than the final product is just a big middle finger with those 2 second press conference video's and what not.

Last edited by LarsP; 02-10-2018 at 03:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »