Home

Ultimate Team is flawed

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team is flawed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ultimate Team is flawed

Hello guys,

check this pic out :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoHvnFWAAAaRcL.jpg:large

So, submission moves have THROW and TAKEDOWN , while decreasing SUB OFF .... i mean , that is the whole point, if you know that move, your offense rises ... not your takedowns or throws ... you are already on the ground ....

armbar in the pic even has takedown defense .... ok .....

Here we have wrestling sweeps ... with , you guessed it, SUB OFF ... because why not ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoJC48WkAE6FRv.jpg:large

And now to striking moves :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoJ0UEWkAArXxZ.jpg:large

Straight has -3 acc ...well , straight punch is pretty accurate , it should not lose

stockton slap has blok +3 , but when you throw that, you are pretty much wide open , it is a show move

lead elbow has head movement ... you don't really move your head when elbow-ing .... instead you have power ... maybe accuracy ... but on this card, you lose those exact stats

And i think i am not the only one thinking bronze silver gold fighters is the wrong way to go .... create a CAF and train it with cards .....

PERKS should be permanent, those make your fighting style

IMHO , the right way to go is :
1) remove real fighters from UT
2) fix the cards stats
3) make perks permanent

All ofthe above are only about the UT mode, not about lag input, difficult to perform takedowns or any other game mechanics or bugs .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ultimate Team is flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CipTm
Hello guys,

check this pic out :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoHvnFWAAAaRcL.jpg:large

So, submission moves have THROW and TAKEDOWN , while decreasing SUB OFF .... i mean , that is the whole point, if you know that move, your offense rises ... not your takedowns or throws ... you are already on the ground ....

armbar in the pic even has takedown defense .... ok .....

Here we have wrestling sweeps ... with , you guessed it, SUB OFF ... because why not ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoJC48WkAE6FRv.jpg:large

And now to striking moves :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVoJ0UEWkAArXxZ.jpg:large

Straight has -3 acc ...well , straight punch is pretty accurate , it should not lose

stockton slap has blok +3 , but when you throw that, you are pretty much wide open , it is a show move

lead elbow has head movement ... you don't really move your head when elbow-ing .... instead you have power ... maybe accuracy ... but on this card, you lose those exact stats

And i think i am not the only one thinking bronze silver gold fighters is the wrong way to go .... create a CAF and train it with cards .....

PERKS should be permanent, those make your fighting style

IMHO , the right way to go is :
1) remove real fighters from UT
2) fix the cards stats
3) make perks permanent

All ofthe above are only about the UT mode, not about lag input, difficult to perform takedowns or any other game mechanics or bugs .
I promise you, outside of new card packs and events, they will not touch UT
Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
MVP

Amazing post that I was thinking about making but too lazy. The stats don't complement the moves at all, but do sometime. In other words, there are only a few stat changes that are assigned regardless of move (you can see this by just looking up and scrolling through), so the stats that are assigned to each card appear to be yet again another random aspect. UT is an absolute crap shoot in almost every aspect.
Oh look: I have a 3 star BJJ Get Ups, but it drops your bottom stats. Just like the examples you gave, it can go on and on because the stats are just randomly placed on.
Listen, UT is JACKED.
A big issue in UT is that stats in general matter in grappling. You can do really well on the feet at a stat disadvantage, but on the ground, it is highly noticeable. I feel like I'm cheating with 90+ ground stats vs the forced strikers stats. Don't even get me started with how the judges score sub attempts. This is all coming from someone that prefers having the entire fight on the ground.

Last edited by Evil97; 02-09-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Working as intended.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Besides the need to fix expiring cards, I think a lot of folks would be happy with four gold (even silver at this point) CAF Cards that left you pick weight class and style. At that point, the folks who want to play with CAFs (vast majority) can play with a quality CAF, and the rest can play as real UFC fighters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I like seeing an Ultimate Team post in the main forum. Maybe it will draw in another developer that manages Ultimate Team for a little feedback.... The Ultimate Team area feels a little lonely....
Old 02-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Is 20XP the max XP that can be earned towards your belt rank? Does anyone know this?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Am I the only one who preferred the ultimate team in UFC 2?

Just seems like they have overcomplicated something that was pretty much fine to begin with. Or as us brits say like they over egged the pudding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »